Installation & Licensing

nirav_98
Message 1 of 11 (2,978 Views)
Accepted Solution

error installing AutoCAD 2014

2978 Views, 10 Replies
09-10-2013 03:24 PM

I am trying to install AutoCAD 2014 or AutoCAD 2013 for that matter. As soon as the installer is initializing I get and error message come up that the autocad installer terminated due to an unexpected error. I have submitted many reports to Autodesk however, I have still not had any reponse.

In addtion to this I have managed to successfully install Revit 2014, which to me suggests there might be problem with th installer of AutoCAD 2014.

I am ruuning a PC with WIndows 7 SP1 64bit. I would appreciate it somebody could help me in resolving this issue.

Product Support
aaronhai
Message 2 of 11 (2,955 Views)

Re: error installing AutoCAD 2014

09-11-2013 01:22 AM in reply to: nirav_98

Hi nirav_98,

Welcome to Autodesk Discussion Group.

Are you able to get the installation going under Diagnostic Mode?

Please download AutoCAD 2013 or 2014 from our Virtual Agent (Matt), just to be sure we eliminate installer issues.

** Select [Downloading and Installation] --> [Software Download Links] --> [I need to redownload my product]

Thank you.

Aaron Hai
nirav_98
Message 3 of 11 (2,934 Views)

09-11-2013 06:02 AM in reply to: aaronhai

I have downloaded the the installation file form the Virtual Agent and I still have the problem. See a screen shot of the error I am geting.

I will try to install it in diagnostic mode.

Product Support
dembkod
Message 4 of 11 (2,913 Views)

09-11-2013 07:40 AM in reply to: nirav_98

nirav_98,

Hello. Error reports are not submissions for assistance, they are automated submissions that are aggregated for development purposes. In some situations, if the system can identify a fix for a specific issue it will send an automated response, but this type of error submitted from a crash is not a direct submission for assistance.

Your issue specifically, is a crash during the early phase of the installer. It sounds as though you probably have a good download at this stage. So it makes me wonder what is on the system that could be in conflict.

You should first make sure to have Antivirus turned off completely- and open the Task manager to ensure it is off.

I would clean the TEMP directory.

1. Click The Windows Start Button
  2. In the Run box type %TEMP% and press enter
  3. Highlight and delete everything that you can delete. Some items will be in use- ignore them
  4. Now try an installation

If this doesn’t help, change your TEMP directory

1. Open a new, simple text file
  2. Open windows explorer and create a new colder in the root of C:. Let’s call it "Test"
  3. Right-click My Computer and click "Properties"
  4. Click "Advanced system settings"
  5. On the Advanced tab click "Environment Variables"
  6. Double-click the TEMP variable and copy the value out into the new text file
  7. Chance the value in the Variable to c:\Test (or another folder)
  8. Click OK
  9. Double-click the TMP variable and copy the value out into the new text file
  10. Chance the value in the Variable to c:\Test (or another folder)
  11. Click OK and try an installation

After your test, use the copied paths in the new text file to return the variables to normal.

It is possible there is a conflict in Internet Explorer 10, if you have it installed:

1. In the Windows Control Panel, go to Programs and Features
  2. Click Turn Windows features on or off
  3. Uncheck the Internet Explorer 10 box and click "OK". Let the process run
  4. After the system finishes processing, reboot the machine
  5. In the Windows Control Panel, go to Programs and Features
  6. Click "View Installed Updates"
  7. Locate the update for Internet Explorer 10 and select it and click "Uninstall" at the top of the screen.
  8. Let the process complete and reboot.

The MSI installer may need to be started or registered:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324516

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
nirav_98
Message 5 of 11 (2,877 Views)

09-12-2013 03:52 PM in reply to: dembkod

I have tried the possible solutions from Aaron about trying to install it diagnostic mode which unfortunately has not been successful.

David: I also tried your solution, but unfortunately it was not successful and have had the same results.

The funny thing is that I have managed to the install Revit 2014 and 3d Max design whitout any problems after having been trying to install AUtocad 2014 for some time.

One thing I many have not mentioned is that I had a trial version of AutoCAD 2013 installed. I had uninstalled this so that I could install AutoCAD 2014. However after experiencing the problem in trying ot install AutpCAD 2014, I have the same problem when trying to install AutoCAD 2013 as well.

Product Support
aaronhai
Message 6 of 11 (2,850 Views)

09-13-2013 02:59 AM in reply to: nirav_98

Hi nirav_98,

Please run Microsoft Fix-It and see if that enable the installation to go through.

Thank you.

Aaron Hai
nirav_98
Message 7 of 11 (2,828 Views)

09-13-2013 04:48 PM in reply to: aaronhai

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your reponses so far, but i have not been successful as yet.

I have tried the microsoft fix it and I am still getting the same error.

See attached picture to give a bit more information.

Product Support
asburyj
Message 8 of 11 (2,770 Views)

09-18-2013 09:18 AM in reply to: nirav_98

Hi Nirav_98,

Looking into the crash report it seem that the calls to direct 3D (D3D11) from the hardware check is crashing and bringing the setup.exe to a halt. My guess is that this would be related to video card or video drivers. Have you confirmed you are running the latest available video driver from the card manufacturer?

Jeffry Asbury
nirav_98
Message 9 of 11 (2,674 Views)

10-03-2013 03:18 PM in reply to: asburyj

Yes I can confirm I am running the latest drivers from the manufacturer.

The graphics card I am using is an ASUS AMD RADEON  EAH6950 DCII/2DI4S/2GD5.

I am still lost as to why this is crashing.

Product Support
asburyj
Message 10 of 11 (2,668 Views)

10-03-2013 03:46 PM in reply to: nirav_98

Perhaps there is another video related driver on the system causing an issue. Can you check your programs and features control panel and see if there is a program listed called "displaylink core software"? It has been known to cause a conflict with autodesk installers and products. If you find it try removing it or updating it to the latest version from the displaylink website.  http://www.displaylink.com/

Jeffry Asbury

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube