Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error instalations with windows installer service

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
slizarralde
328 Views, 1 Reply

error instalations with windows installer service

hello good morning.
I'm installing (deployent) Product Design Suite on a machine with windows 2003 SP2.
however an error occurs during installation.
error = `instalation the package cannot be instaled by windows instaler service. you must install the windows servic pack that contains a newer version of the windows instaler.`
I went to the Microsoft site and I downloaded, however it states that i'm the most current version of windows instaler.
how to proceed?
thank you,
sergio Lizarralde

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: slizarralde

Do not create the deployment on the server itself.  Create the deployment from your workstation and then point the deployment location to the shared UNC path on the server.  That will get you exactly what you need. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report