Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 3 of 5
pavo.matanovic
1889 Views, 4 Replies

error 2738

Hi, I tried to install AutoCAD 2013 on windows vista 32 bit. When installation gets to step 7 of 14 it shows a simple message "Internal error 2738". Can you help me to fix it.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5

Hi, I tried to install AutoCAD 2013 on windows vista 32 bit. When installation gets to step 7 of 14 it shows a simple message "Internal error 2738". Can you help me to fix it.

Message 2 of 5

Hmm, Vista is no longer a supported OS. See this. Perhaps the installation will not even run on Vista. Hopefully this message will get moved to the Installation & Licensing Forum, where someone with greater knowledge could help you.

Good luck ~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 4 of 5

I also tried to install 2012 on the same computer (it says that 2012 support vista) and it showed same message. Is it problem with computer or ?? 

Message 5 of 5

It could be a variety of problems. Did a quick search of that error code (results here) and it looks like there are a variety of opinions. Go through those posts and see if your situation relates to what others have reported in the past.

Under Vista you need to make sure you have full admin rights on your machine, UAC turned off and AV turned off while installing AutoCAD.

You probably will end up having to do the complete uninstall and reinstall process. Here is the Knowledge Base article on the subject. ~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report