Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 110 when trying go activate my 3ds max 2012

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
TheIce
1674 Views, 6 Replies

error 110 when trying go activate my 3ds max 2012

Hello.

I am having a problem that has been already discussed in a topic below. every time i run my 3ds max, a window pops up and tells me that i must first activate this program before running it. and the only option available is "activate", the "run" option being disabled. then I get the error 110, where it informs me "a license error has occured. contact your technical support representative for assistance" and then another error, this time 20, where it informs me that "the software license check out failed"

I have to inform you that this has happened with 2011 and 2012 versions, and i cannot seems to figure it out. and I can't try the solution you had  proposed in the topic i mentioned above because I can't get into the program to get my product request code.

pls, someone help. I am running out of ideas.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: TheIce

Hi TheIce:

Have you tried registering your serial number first for 2012? Please send me your serial number through private message(envelope next to your account name at the top of this page) so I may have a look.

Thanks,

Arlin Bibat
Message 3 of 7
TheIce

I have sent you my serial number, and I sincerely hope you can help me out with this, it is very frustrating.

no matter what version of 3ds max I try instaling, I get the same error. and this only happens with 3ds max, revit and civil 3d have no such errors.

hope to hear from you soon, kink of running on a deadline, so the sooner you can give me some advice, the better.

Message 4 of 7
TheIce

hello. I have sent you my info about 3 days ago and still no answer. can you please give me a response soon, because I really need to get a working version of 3ds max.

Message 5 of 7
arlinpega.bibat

Hi Thelce:

I have responded to your request trhough private message. I managed to register your serial number and you shall now be abel to activate it. You may send me your request code so I may assist you in manually activating your serial number or contact our Registration and Activation Team directly through:http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=18424632&siteID=123112

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 6 of 7
nachanok_rim

I know how to fix it

first,you have to open notepad and type this thing

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas]
@="Take Ownership"
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas]
@="Take Ownership"
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"

then save it name Take Ownership.reg 

then click on it and click Yes

Now you can Unlock folder that have key pic on it

go to C:\ProgramData 

and right click on Autodesk select Take Ownership

then refesh.Now you can see the key pic disappear

do this the same with FLEXNet Folder (same location)

Install Program again 

Good luck 🙂

Message 7 of 7
plegault_1
in reply to: nachanok_rim

tryed that didn't work all way keeped giving me error talking about owership so deleted the folder and after that it works!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report