Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downgrade rights, does the license file needs to be adjusted?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
SytzedeJong1846
1797 Views, 5 Replies

downgrade rights, does the license file needs to be adjusted?

If we have a license file that has 30 seats for Autocad 2004 with subscription.
and another part with a license for 30 seats Autocad 2008, is it possible to allow up to 60 users of Autocad 2004 (or Autocad 2008)
and needs the license file to be adjusted for this?
From the information I gathered it is allowed to downgrade upto (including) 3 versions of Autocad.This should allow for the use of Autocad 2004 with a 2008 license, correct? The subscription part should make it possible to have the users update to the 2008 version if I'm still correct,

can someone elucidate these problems?

thanks

Sytze
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

AutoCAD 2004 has been retired. Your AutoCAD 2008 Subscription does allow previous product use back three versions, however it only goes back to 2007, 2006, 2005.
As for your subscription, if it is 30 seats, you cannot go over 30 seats with all the products combined. That is your maximum allowed amount of licenses total. That doesn't mean you can run 30 of 2008 and 30 of 2007. You can run any combination to a max of 30 total.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6

Firstly; I am impressed by the speed and quality of th responses (to my threads and other threads) !

I'm sorry about the confusion (twice the 30 seats), the orders for these autocad products were done as separate products, (As the need for concurrent use has increased)

Let me rephrase:

We have a license file for 30 seats Autocad 2004 with subsription, (does this entitle the use of newer versions 2005, 2006, through 2010)?

We have another license for 40 seats Autocad 2010, does this entitle the use by 40 users of Autocad 2007 ?

Is is possible to have 70 users of Autocad 2010 with these licenses combined? (That was the intention of the second purchase) Are there steps required to make this possible?

Thanks again!

Sytze
Message 4 of 6
dness
in reply to: SytzedeJong1846

If you have a subscription for 30 seats of 2004 and have kept that subscription current (paid your annual fee) you will have received upgrades for each release since 2004, you may not have installed them but you should have them. If you have not kept your subscription current you simply own 30 networked seats of a retired version of autocad. Autocad license files are not and never have been forward compatible and before 2010 you had to split licenses between versions to allow previous versions to run. 2010 is the first version where a current license will allow a previous version to get a license.
So, your 40 seat license for 2010 should allow you to run a total of 40 instances of autocad and the versions it will recognize are 2010, 2009, 2008, and 2007. You would need to append the license for the seats of 2004 to your 2010 license file to use them.
Message 5 of 6

That is correct. You can append your 30 seats of 2004 to your 40 seats of 2010, assuming they are not of the same Subscription licensed seats, but you will still only be able to run 30 seats of 2004 max since the 40 seats of 2010 will only allow you to go back as far as 2007. I do agree with the comment though that if your 2004 has been under active Subscription, you should have 2010 licenses under this contract as well, even if you had never used them. Therefore you can launch 70 seats of AutoCAD, but they will be mix-matched versions. As for backwards compatibility, 2009 licenses were the first to allow this.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: SytzedeJong1846

1. Im not sure the flexlm license manager is compatible for both 04 & 2010 versions

2. Why in the world would you want to mix 04 & 2010 versions in a production environment?
They are like night and day in use and the file formats are 2x not compatible.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report