Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

directx runtime install hang up on Design Suite Premium 2014

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
john.moyik
1455 Views, 6 Replies

directx runtime install hang up on Design Suite Premium 2014

Installing the Suite, Network Version, from a Product USB Stick.  I have successfully installed the program(s) on 5 "identical" machines (Win7 Pro, 64bit) although they are already deployed and in use by differnet users.  This last installation is hanging up at the DirectX Runtime install.  Bar goes all the way across but keeps processing and doesn't move on.  I can't Cancel the install, have to use Task Manager to end it.  Any thoughts? 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
asburyj
in reply to: john.moyik

Have you tried manually updating directx on that system from the Microsoft website?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

You may also want to ensure that the system in question and the working systems all are running the same video driver. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 7
john.moyik
in reply to: asburyj

Thanks, I'll try directly updated DirectX from the MS site.

All the machines were configured with and use the same monitors so all video profiles should be the same (I'll double check).  Once the users get ahold of the machine I don't have control over what they install additionally or change especially this one as it's an Executive's who considers himself tech savvy.

Message 4 of 7
lcastro
in reply to: asburyj

I have same issue on Autocad 2014!!!

What can i do?

Message 5 of 7

I had the same problem with Autocad 2014. so I stoped the installation and tried again. after that my installation went on. But when i was opening the program it had some problem and didn't open. did you solve your problem? what did you do?
Message 6 of 7

What is the error message or screen that you are getting when you launch?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 7 of 7

The message is: FATAL ERRO: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0020 Exception at 5728f0d8h.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report