Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

created install package but short cut is no longer .exe

28 REPLIES 28
Message 1 of 29
nsaska
741 Views, 28 Replies

created install package but short cut is no longer .exe

created the install package with the wizard, tested the install just fine. Now my .exe file that has the codes is now showing up as a short cut only. I've attached what I see in explorer and the script when I open it with notepad ++

Please help!! Smiley Sad

28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29
TravisNave
in reply to: nsaska

Does it work if you disable your anti-virus?  I have seen similar issues with Avast and Symantec.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 22 of 29
nsaska
in reply to: TravisNave

wasn't the anti-virus, after the deployment was created I changed the folders around and the code did not match. The error made us believe otherwise 🙂

but now I have one last item, after my deployment gets modified I am unable to not install the AutoCAD 360 part of the application. I modified the deployment of course and un-checked that option but it still gets installed.

Message 23 of 29
TravisNave

Yeah, lots of complains on that one too.  You can modify the setup.ini to remove the installation for this.  I don't have the reference for this at the moment, but it is searchable. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 24 of 29
nsaska

would this be the product section in the .ini file?

#============================= Autodesk Cloud Sync ============================= EXE_PARAM= PATCHES=

[ADSYNC] PLATFORM=NATIVE PRODUCT_NAME=Autodesk Cloud sync EXE_PATH=%platform%\Components\Cloudsync\AdSync.msi EXE_PARAM=ADLANGUAGE=%selectedlang% LOG=%tmp%\CloudsyncInstall.log IGNORE_FAILURE=YES ACTION=INSTALL

Message 25 of 29
TravisNave

Bingo!

Autodesk Forums:
Message 26 of 29
nsaska

will this line just needed to be changed only?

ACTION=INSTALL

if so what should it be? just tried notinstall but still installed

Message 27 of 29
TravisNave

You need to delete all references to it everywhere in the file.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 28 of 29
nsaska

where would the actual product key be in the deployment housed?

Message 29 of 29
TravisNave

For 360, just do a search for ADSYNC.  That should get it.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report