Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

created install package but short cut is no longer .exe

28 REPLIES 28
Message 1 of 29
nsaska
740 Views, 28 Replies

created install package but short cut is no longer .exe

created the install package with the wizard, tested the install just fine. Now my .exe file that has the codes is now showing up as a short cut only. I've attached what I see in explorer and the script when I open it with notepad ++

Please help!! Smiley Sad

28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29
TravisNave
in reply to: nsaska

Welcome to the community.

Nothing is attached.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 29
nsaska
in reply to: TravisNave

been up since 1AM with the baby, screen shots are now attached

Message 4 of 29
TravisNave

Is this a deployment wizard?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 29
nsaska

yes, I created a deployment using the contents of the CD installation files

Message 6 of 29
TravisNave

Is there a reason you needed to create a deployment instead of just running the setup?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 29
nsaska

we're running SCCM 2012 and install most software via un-attended install using SCCM

Message 8 of 29
TravisNave

I see.  If you just run the shortcut, does it launch the installer?  That's the purpose of creating the deployment. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 29
nsaska

the short cut launches it starts initialzing but never goes anywhere

Message 10 of 29
TravisNave

Did you make your deployment correctly?

You need to make a shared folder on the server with full write access to everyone and configure the deployment to run via that UNC path.  I recommend \\servername\share, with full control to the everyone built-in user account.  I also recommend that you uncheck silent mode if you are having issues. 

Don't use drive letters in your deployment or forget to set sharing *and* folder permissions on the location of the files. 

Additionally, I do not recommend including a service pack with the deployment, initially.  Get everything working and tested first.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 29
nsaska

yes I did. After I completed it I was able to successfully install it and uninstall it from my machine. Then someone walked into my office started talking to me and my mouse was over the files and I left clicked and some how that file became a short cut and ever since then I can't get it to start. I even deleted it and re-created the deployment. I'm starting to think it's something with my machine so I'm copying over the contents from the CD to a another machine and will re-create the deployment there also to eliminate my machine as the problem

Message 12 of 29
TravisNave

That's probably a good idea.  However, keep in mind that a deployment creates a shortcut and you launch it by traversing to the UNC path and running it that way.  It may just as well work from another workstation.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 13 of 29
nsaska

when you view your install.exe file in notepad or notepad ++ what do you see on your end? also want to eliminate that the original CD contents was corrupted by me

Message 14 of 29
TravisNave

That is irrelevant as there is no reason to launch your installation in notepad. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 15 of 29
nsaska

my new code that is now not working,

:: Set script parent directory: SET _ScriptDir=%~dp0 SET _ScriptDir=%_ScriptDir:~0,-1%

:: Run OS architecture check: IF NOT DEFINED PROGRAMFILES(X86) (  ECHO.  ECHO ERROR: 32-Bit Windows Operating Systems are unsupported! Exiting...  REM Delay for processing:  PING 127.0.0.1 -n 3 > NUL  EXIT )

:: Display status message: ECHO. ECHO Installing Autodesk AutoCAD 2014...

:: Run install commands: START "Install" /WAIT "%_ScriptDir%\SRC\x64\Setup.exe" /qb /I "%_ScriptDir%\SRC\x64\AutoCAD_2014.ini" /language en-us

:: Display completion notice: ECHO. ECHO Done!

:: Delay for processing: PING 127.0.0.1 -n 3 > NUL

:: Uncomment to view script results: :: ECHO. :: PAUSE EXIT

Message 16 of 29
nsaska

AutoCAD Silent install error 1.JPG

Message 17 of 29
TravisNave

This is usually an issue with an anti-virus program, like Trend Micro.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21889889&linkID=9243099&CMP=OTC-RSS...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 18 of 29
nsaska

this is the log from another installation attempt after I cleaned out my temp folder but the AV application is turned on by GPO so I'll need to see about getting around it

log:

2013/8/27:10:37:17 nsaska LAP5CB2442H61 === Setup started on LAP5CB2442H61 by nsaska === 2013/8/27:10:37:17 nsaska LAP5CB2442H61 Path_Length: 152 2013/8/27:10:37:17 nsaska LAP5CB2442H61 Current Directory C:\Users\nsaska\Desktop\AutoCAD_2014\SRC\x64 2013/8/27:10:37:17 nsaska LAP5CB2442H61 Launch 2013/8/27:10:37:17 nsaska LAP5CB2442H61 CommandLine /MD "C:\Users\nsaska\Desktop\AutoCAD_2014\SRC\x64\AutoCAD_2014.ini" /ML /language en-us   2013/8/27:10:37:17 nsaska LAP5CB2442H61 Path_Length: 152 2013/8/27:10:37:17 nsaska LAP5CB2442H61 Current Directory C:\Users\nsaska\AppData\Local\Temp\_AI5EB5.tmp 2013/8/27:10:37:59 nsaska LAP5CB2442H61 === Setup ended ===

2013/8/27:10:37:18 nsaska LAP5CB2442H61 === Setup started on LAP5CB2442H61 by nsaska === 2013/8/27:10:37:18 nsaska LAP5CB2442H61 Path_Length: 152 2013/8/27:10:37:18 nsaska LAP5CB2442H61 Current Directory C:\Users\nsaska\AppData\Local\Temp\_AI5EB5.tmp 2013/8/27:10:37:18 nsaska LAP5CB2442H61 Launch 2013/8/27:10:37:18 nsaska LAP5CB2442H61 The system cannot open the device or file specified. 2013/8/27:10:37:22 nsaska LAP5CB2442H61 Install CustomCallback Info Invoking custom callback for details: [SETUP] CB_FUNC=CustomPlatformCheck CB_SOURCE=C:\Users\nsaska\AppData\Local\Temp\_AI5EB5.tmp\Setup\AcSetup.dll 2013/8/27:10:37:22 nsaska LAP5CB2442H61 Install CustomCallback Info Custom callback response: Status=0 SUCCECSS Title= Message= URLTitle= URLLink= 2013/8/27:10:38:00 nsaska LAP5CB2442H61 === Setup ended ===

Message 19 of 29
nsaska

Message 20 of 29
nsaska

just looked into this article - http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-US/1096841.aspx  but we are not even running TrendMicro on our machines

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report