Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

combined products in network license - draw order...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ratherman
238 Views, 2 Replies

combined products in network license - draw order...

OK, we have:

1.) We have (7) Autodesk Arch licenses
2.) We have (4) Autodesk Revit Arch Suite licenses
3.) We have (3) Autodesk Revit Arch licenses

If we check out (3) of the Revit Arch licenses does it draw the straight licenses first or does it pull the suites? In theory we would like it to pull the (3) straight licenses before touching the Suites. Also if a person is using a Autodesk Arch license and opens Revit and the only Revit license available is a suite does it then tie up a straight Autodesk Arch license and a Suite? Can the same user have Autodesk Arch and Revit open at the same time and only draw one suite license?

Hope that is clear...

John R.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
braatzj
in reply to: ratherman

John,

You did not specify what version of the products you are using but I am aware this was an issue in 2009 and I am not sure if it was fixed or not somehow for 2010. Since all three products specified below have different feature codes they all use different licenses. Which ever icon they execute will be the product that it pulls a license for. The license should cascade based on the PLIST but as I mentioned it did not work properly in 2009. Your reseller should be able to give you guidance.

Regards, Jim

Jim@itefficiencies.com
http://itefficiencies.blogspot.com/
Message 3 of 3
ratherman
in reply to: ratherman

We are using 2009 - thanks, I did talk to my reseller and he did his best to explain it to me. He did indicate that with regard to 2009, it does not work the best. He sent me an article on how things changed in 2010. We will just limp along with the 2009 products until we get everyone updated to 2010 versions.

Thanks!

John R.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report