Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot upgrade and cannot revert back to previous

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lhoang
295 Views, 3 Replies

cannot upgrade and cannot revert back to previous

Description: I attempted to upgrade from vault 2010 to vault 2011. I received the error "an older version of SQL server is used for an existing Vault database instance." I attempted to upgrade to SQL server 2005 SP3, but when I tried to check the box to upgrade Autodesk Vault for the service pack, I recieved an error saying "the edition of product instance Autodesk Vault does not qualify for this update". I tried all day to update and follow help comment ideas. I give up, but now I cannot install Vault 2010 (I removed this because I read in the implementation guide that all previous versions needed to be removed to install 2011).
I also see I no longer have Autodesk Vault in my IIS???

Please help!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lhoang
in reply to: lhoang

Also, when I try to re-install Vault 2010, I get the precheck error of "ASPX file failed to run at URL:http://localhost:80/TestASP/TestASPNet.aspx.
Message 3 of 4
Elbowroom

You ever get an answer to this? I have the same problem and cannot figure it out.
Message 4 of 4
lhoang

My whole server actually crashed, hard drives went bad and I lost a ton if information. I don't know if it was bad hardware or related to the upgrade but it all happened at the same time I tried to upgrade. I ended up buying a new server and having my reseller install new.
As far as installing, I learned that Vault 2011 requires a newer sql server service pack than what I had. This is what was preventing me from upgrading. Check that your sql server AND service pack meets the requirements for 2011...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report