Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't install Content Center

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
kominik
2200 Views, 12 Replies

can't install Content Center

I succesfully instaled Inventor 2013 and all of it's components but was unable to install content center.

here is log file

2012/10/1:19:55:57	Martin	MARTIN-PC	=== Setup started on MARTIN-PC by Martin ===
2012/10/1:19:55:57	Martin	MARTIN-PC	Launch 
2012/10/1:19:55:58	Martin	MARTIN-PC	Download	Skipped	SETUP_CONFIG	http://studentsdownload.autodesk.com/SWDLDDLM/2013/INVNTOR/WI/{8B3F5ADF-6218-42E0-80BF-AB05E0A0DB1D}...
2012/10/1:19:55:59	Martin	MARTIN-PC	PageOpen	LaunchDialog		
2012/10/1:19:56:02	Martin	MARTIN-PC	Inventorui== Parameter: Prereq_8 SetupMode:7 InstallState:1 InstallAction:0 Message: 
2012/10/1:19:56:02	Martin	MARTIN-PC	PageOpen	LicenseDialog		
2012/10/1:19:56:05	Martin	MARTIN-PC	PageOpen	ProductSelectionDialog2		
2012/10/1:19:56:16	Martin	MARTIN-PC	PageOpen	LicenseDialog		
2012/10/1:19:56:18	Martin	MARTIN-PC	PageOpen	LaunchDialog		
2012/10/1:19:56:23	Martin	MARTIN-PC	Inventorui== Parameter: Prereq_13 SetupMode:1 InstallState:2 InstallAction:0 Message: 
2012/10/1:19:56:23	Martin	MARTIN-PC	Inventorui== Parameter: Prereq_14 SetupMode:1 InstallState:2 InstallAction:7 Message: 
2012/10/1:19:56:23	Martin	MARTIN-PC	PageOpen	LicenseDialog		
2012/10/1:19:56:26	Martin	MARTIN-PC	PageOpen	ProductInfoDialog		
2012/10/1:19:56:26	Martin	MARTIN-PC	PageOpen	ProductSelectionDialog2		
2012/10/1:19:56:41	Martin	MARTIN-PC	PageOpen	FullProgressDialog		
2012/10/1:19:56:42	Martin	MARTIN-PC	Download	Skipped	DCLIBRARY	http://studentsdownload.autodesk.com/SWDLDDLM/2013/INVNTOR/WI/{8B3F5ADF-6218-42E0-80BF-AB05E0A0DB1D}...
2012/10/1:19:56:42	Martin	MARTIN-PC	Installing Autodesk® Inventor® Content Libraries: C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk Inventor 2013\Content\DClibrary\DCLSetup.exe INSTALLDIR="C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\" DC_ANSI=1 DC_DIN=1 DC_GOST=1 DC_ISO=1 DC_JISGB=1 DC_FEATURE=1 DC_OTHER=1 DC_PARKER=1 DC_RS=1 DC_SHEETM=1 DC_MOLD_MM=1
2012/10/1:19:56:55	Martin	MARTIN-PC	Install	Autodesk® Inventor® Content Libraries	Failed	Failure is ignored, Result=1603

I tried turning off the UAC and my antivirus. I tried running DCLSetup.exe directly. I tried to copy *.idz files to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Content Center\Libraries but that didn't work either. I watched that folder while running normal instalation and for a second there was one *.idcl.tmp file, but disapperd immediately. I'm really desperate.

P.S. Windows show ContentCenterLibraries instaled (1,32MB). I tried to uninstal it, but still can't install CCL

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
aaronhai
in reply to: kominik

The 1603 error is a general Windows error-code that implies failed installation. It could be due to a host of possible reasons but typically, it is due to account / folder permissions issue or long folder pathname.

Please check on the following:
- If you are running Network install, please try to turn off silent installations and observe where the installer fails. This may give an indication of which resource the permissions are lacking in.
- Please ensure that you have full permissions to your machine and to the location where the deployment exists while you are installing from the deployment.
- Please ensure anti-virus software and firewalls are disabled (to ascertain if these hinder the installation).
- Please ensure that the installing user has Local Administrative group membership and that no restrictions are imposed to required users account. Note that Local Administrative privileges are required for installation.
- Do not relocate the My Documents folder off of the Local System and do not use Roaming Profiles.
- Ensure simple and short pathname used on source and target machine.

Aaron Hai
Message 3 of 13
kominik

Nothing worked.

But used Instal Now manager on my friends pc and instalation went smooth except the content center which wasn't installed. I changed properties for DLCSetup.exe (full acces and WinVista Compatibility) and right-clicked DLCLibrary64.msi and clicked "repair". Then run the manager again and succesfully installed content center.

These steps unfortunately didn't worked for my pc, so tried to copy .idcl files to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Content Center\Libraries

When i open new assembly.iam i don't have "insert from content center" option anymore and don't have "component generator". And i'm sure it was there before. I saw Content center empty, now there is no content center.

I tried to use Install now manager again, but it still can't instal content center...

I will try to re-install the whole thing and see if it works...

Message 4 of 13
kominik

Ok, so i re-installed all Autodesk products (couldn't instal Content Center). Restarted pc. Started Inventor and everything worked fine (CC was empty, but was there). So i copied .idcl files into C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Content Center\Libraries while inventor was still running. Suddenly CC was full. I checked it by placing some items into assembly, saved, closed inventor, and started inventor again; and CC was still working and was full.

So things are working for me now, finally Smiley Happy

BTW Install Now manager still shows me CC is not installed, but i don't care as long it works...

Message 5 of 13
hamzakhawer.hk

I can't solve my problem of same kind kindly help me

Message 6 of 13

@hamzakhawer.hk

Welcome to the community..

So are you saying you are having the same issue about installing content center libraries for Inventor 2013?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 13

For the 2015 version
Message 8 of 13

OK..   For the future please specify what version the issue is related to and don't just say you have the same problem..  Smiley Wink

So what's the problem, no content center installed?   What are you seeing?

Are you using desktop content center or vault based?

There could be a few reasons and we need that info to point you in the right direction.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 9 of 13

When I installed the inventor professional 2015 through install now all
things were installed except content center ... also i tried many times to
reinstall content center but the setup closes all of sudden displaying log
file.
Message 10 of 13

I attached log file  

Message 11 of 13

Its failing due to the method (web installer) you're using.  This method is unreliable and shouldn't be used. 

Download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

However if the installation does fail using this method, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.  Posting info: Sometimes installation log files contain personal information such as your serial #.  Prior to posting your log file please make sure to remove such info.

Good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

Message 12 of 13

Isn't any link to download only content library?

Message 13 of 13

When working with Inventor Desktop Content Center, the installation of those items must come from the main Inventor installation.   So to answer your question, no there's no single link to download just Inventor Desktop Content Center..

Mark Lancaster

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report