Installation & Licensing

cwyllie1
Message 1 of 12 (1,827 Views)

can't download....help

1827 Views, 11 Replies
01-26-2011 05:37 AM

I am an enginnering student, my class uses autodesk inventor for everything. i live 20 miles from school,so its hard to get there to do my homework other than in class. but the website won't let me download the free trial or the software for displaced workers. what can i do , before i fall behind in class?

Product Support
hashim.mundol
Message 2 of 12 (1,794 Views)

Re: can't download....help

01-27-2011 01:38 AM in reply to: cwyllie1

have you tried students.autodesk.com to register (if you are full time student)

What is the error when you try to download trial ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

adamryanjmhs
Message 3 of 12 (1,258 Views)

01-21-2012 12:38 PM in reply to: cwyllie1

CRC failed in x86\C3D\Content\cp_C3D_DACH_Base\PerUser_Local.cab

Unexpected end of archive

please help this is what my windows 7 starter 32 bit  computer is saying when i downloaded the free student software it happens when  it is almost done extracting the information   please reply and help me

dmr4a
Message 4 of 12 (1,255 Views)

01-21-2012 01:05 PM in reply to: cwyllie1

I am having same problem.  Trying to download inventor2011 the free software for students.  All 3 parts download and at end of extraction it says that I am missing part two and I need to insert a disc.  I have attempted several times and a classmate of mine is said he was having the same problem.  Any advice would be helpful.  Thank you

Alumni
arlinpega.bibat
Message 5 of 12 (1,243 Views)

01-22-2012 03:36 PM in reply to: adamryanjmhs

Hi adamryanjmhs:

You may want to download a new copy of the software from Education Community.  Prior to download, please check your system for and disable any of the following:

# Firewall - These are designed to stop downloads from non-approved sites.
# Anti-Virus Programs - These will try to stop or scan a download. It may cause the download to be corrupt or damaged.
# Download Monitors - Programs such as GoZilla! and NetZip are not compatible with our server and will sometimes block or stop downloads.
# Screen Savers - In some instances, screen savers can interfere with the download process. If you have a screen saver that is starting while you are downloading, please disable it temporarily until your download is complete.

Thank you.

Arlin Bibat
Alumni
arlinpega.bibat
Message 6 of 12 (1,241 Views)

01-22-2012 03:37 PM in reply to: dmr4a

Hi dmr4a:

As per my earlier reponse, you may want to download a new copy of the software from Education Community.  Prior to download, please check your system for and disable any of the following:

# Firewall - These are designed to stop downloads from non-approved sites.
# Anti-Virus Programs - These will try to stop or scan a download. It may cause the download to be corrupt or damaged.
# Download Monitors - Programs such as GoZilla! and NetZip are not compatible with our server and will sometimes block or stop downloads.
# Screen Savers - In some instances, screen savers can interfere with the download process. If you have a screen saver that is starting while you are downloading, please disable it temporarily until your download is complete.

Thank you.

Arlin Bibat
rluce
Message 7 of 12 (656 Views)

01-29-2013 04:19 PM in reply to: arlinpega.bibat

i am haveing download problems aswell but when i try to download it wont do anything i dont get a error message or anything

Customer Service
joane.bonghanoy
Message 8 of 12 (649 Views)

01-29-2013 05:25 PM in reply to: rluce

Hi rluce,

By nothing happens, did you mean when you click on the download button you do not see a page that gives an indication of the download progress or you're just seeing a blank screen?

From what Autodesk site were you trying to download the software? Have you tried other browser besides the one you are currently using? On the Download Option button, what did you choose Install Now, Browser Download?

Joane Bonghanoy
rluce
Message 9 of 12 (639 Views)

01-30-2013 09:55 AM in reply to: joane.bonghanoy
i dont see a page it just sits there doing nothing i am at school now downloading them i will install them on my computer that way
jbyrn146
Message 10 of 12 (304 Views)

06-13-2013 04:47 AM in reply to: hashim.mundol

When i try to click the Brower Download nothing happens

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube