Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cad 2014 installation Error 1402, cannot apply fixes mentioned

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
razer_911
919 Views, 4 Replies

cad 2014 installation Error 1402, cannot apply fixes mentioned

Hi, 

I have windows 8 pro 64bit, and i had Autocad 2013 [student version] before. I downloaded Autocad 2014 [student version]  as 2013 was not working well with my laptop. Tried to uninstall 2013, didnt work. So, i got windows install cleanup and force uinstalled it. Tried to install cad 2014, didnt work. Error saying missing litehtml.dll.
So i searched online, found that my autocad 2013 still had registry keys left in the system, found and deleted it, then found that inventor fusion was still in the pc, but was not in the programs list, so used install cleanup for that too. 
cleaned up my registry, and finally the installation for CAD 2014 started.
BUT NOW, when its installing i get an error 1402: could not open key/......
I went online again, Saw the discussion forums.. tried everthing, i found the registry key, but i have no access to it, i open the permissions for it, whatever is mentioned in the groups are not there.. and whatever permissions i try to change, it doesnt get applied. Ive added screenshots of the error and what comes if i try to open the key mentioned in the error. third ones a shot of the permissions of the key of Creator/owner, with the advanced window next to it. None of the changes i try out gets applied.

I Need help. I NEED AUTOCAD, ASAP.. My whole work is at a standstill here..
P.S- I also tried running all mentioned applications in Admin mode also,including regedit. same thing happens.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: razer_911

Welcome to the community.  To fix this problem, you have to follow these steps:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10297059&linkID=9240617

It's really the only way.  Otherwise, you will have to take it key by key on multiple failed installs taking ownership of each one. 

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

do you have access to IT?

your windows registry is screwed up there is not an easy way or quick way to fix it

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
razer_911
in reply to: DarrenP

as far as i know, nope. the message is whats in the screenshot 1.png 

Message 5 of 5
razer_911
in reply to: razer_911

so, reinstall windows the only option??

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report