Installation & Licensing

ft3
Message 1 of 3 (1,785 Views)

autodesk download manager won't launch

1785 Views, 2 Replies
11-10-2012 02:04 AM

My autodesk download manager won't launch. I  reistalled it, tryied again and it didn't work. Then I rebooted my computer, tryied to launch and it didn't work too. What can I do to solve this problem?

Customer Service
joane.bonghanoy
Message 2 of 3 (1,764 Views)

Re: autodesk download manager won't launch

11-11-2012 05:34 PM in reply to: ft3

Hi ft3,

Have you tried using a different browser? Do you still have the same error? When you said it won't launch, did you receive any particular error message or it's just completely a blank screen?

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 3 (1,750 Views)

Re: autodesk download manager won't launch

11-12-2012 03:28 AM in reply to: ft3

Hi ft3

As it happens I spent a couple of hours fighting with this little beauty yesterday, yes on a Sunday!!! in order to meet tight deadlines for a major Tech Refresh project.

Here is what I found....

• Tried with both IE and Google Chrome
  • Tried IE first Adobe Flash Update running in background seemed to floor the original install attempt. So updated this explicitly and went around loop again. Abysmally slow downloads with frequent re-connections on a stable 60Mbps broadband link with low latency.
  • Tried Chrome and had similar troubles
  • Uninstalled Autodesk DLM and then noticed two entries in my Add & Remove Programs list for Akamai Netsession. Had this been installed in the background without me being told??
  • Uninstalled Autodesk DLM and both Akamai entries, rebooted and cleaned Registry.
  • Re-installed AutoDesk DLM under IE and one Akamai entry came back.
  • Tried downloading and it would run 3 Actives but not accept a 4th Pending so left it running overnight.
  • This morning had to force shutdown of ADLM and IE, reboot PC so then tried under Chrome.
  • PC left with 3 Active and 1 Pending running in ADLM and Chrome closed.

I await with baited breath to see what the final outcome is.

I found the attached pdf a few minutes ago and it would have been so useful to have read yesterday so:-

AUTODESK WHY IS IT NOT OFFERED BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT TO INSTALL AND WHY DO YOU NOT EXPLICITLY TELL USERS ABOUT THE AKAMAI COMPONENT????

Many users will have protection on PCs that will need to know about both ADLM and Akamai components.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube