Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autodesk download manager won't launch

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
ft3
Community Visitor
9278 Views, 9 Replies

autodesk download manager won't launch

My autodesk download manager won't launch. I  reistalled it, tryied again and it didn't work. Then I rebooted my computer, tryied to launch and it didn't work too. What can I do to solve this problem?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: ft3

Hi ft3,

Have you tried using a different browser? Do you still have the same error? When you said it won't launch, did you receive any particular error message or it's just completely a blank screen?

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 10
brian.garner

Hi ft3

As it happens I spent a couple of hours fighting with this little beauty yesterday, yes on a Sunday!!! in order to meet tight deadlines for a major Tech Refresh project.

Here is what I found....

• Tried with both IE and Google Chrome
  • Tried IE first Adobe Flash Update running in background seemed to floor the original install attempt. So updated this explicitly and went around loop again. Abysmally slow downloads with frequent re-connections on a stable 60Mbps broadband link with low latency.
  • Tried Chrome and had similar troubles
  • Uninstalled Autodesk DLM and then noticed two entries in my Add & Remove Programs list for Akamai Netsession. Had this been installed in the background without me being told??
  • Uninstalled Autodesk DLM and both Akamai entries, rebooted and cleaned Registry.
  • Re-installed AutoDesk DLM under IE and one Akamai entry came back.
  • Tried downloading and it would run 3 Actives but not accept a 4th Pending so left it running overnight.
  • This morning had to force shutdown of ADLM and IE, reboot PC so then tried under Chrome.
  • PC left with 3 Active and 1 Pending running in ADLM and Chrome closed.

I await with baited breath to see what the final outcome is.

I found the attached pdf a few minutes ago and it would have been so useful to have read yesterday so:-

AUTODESK WHY IS IT NOT OFFERED BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT TO INSTALL AND WHY DO YOU NOT EXPLICITLY TELL USERS ABOUT THE AKAMAI COMPONENT????

Many users will have protection on PCs that will need to know about both ADLM and Akamai components.

Message 4 of 10
caldasworks

choose Platform: Win 32/64

Message 5 of 10
stephee490
in reply to: brian.garner

i have both installed and it still wont launch

Message 6 of 10
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: stephee490

@stephee490

This posting is 6 years old.  What are you trying to do?  You have only provided very limited information.  There's no way we can assist you at this point.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 10
stephee490
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

So, I attempted to download 3ds max 2018 and revit, the student versions.
Intially I went to the website and used "install now", I kept getting
errors midway it was downloading. I then attempted to use the "download
now" option, however, the autodesk download manager would not launch. I
then went to my autodesk desktop app, and attempted to install the products
there and it stopped with an error.
I have uninstalled all my old autodesk products and reinstalled the
autodesk desktop app and autodesk download manager and attempted to
download the programs and I am still getting the same error.

Message 8 of 10
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: stephee490

@stephee490

There's a couple of ways to properly download and install your Autodesk product to your machine.  Please review this article and the solution it provides.

If the installation does fail using the preferred methods, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.

Posting info: Sometimes the installation log file contains the serial # that was assigned to you.  Open your log file using Windows Notepad and perform a search on "/SN".  Depending on the number of installation attempts, your serial # may be located throughout the log file.  If present, remove or "X" out your serial # prior to posting.

Good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 9 of 10
forbim.tungds

Move your install file to disk C and run

Message 10 of 10
mdavis22569
in reply to: forbim.tungds

@forbim.tungds 

Do you have an issue / error?  I ask as this is a 2 year old forum post .... 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report