Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autocad lt 2006 re-install

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
gnfishn
328 Views, 3 Replies

autocad lt 2006 re-install

i would like to re-install my autocad lt 2006 on my newer computer. i have tried to install but a error comes up telling me there is incompatibilty issues. the computer i am trying to install on is running windows 7  64-bit. i assume that is the issue. i have checked microsofts compatibility web page and it tells me to get a paid upgrade. my question: is that what i am stuck with doing?  any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LyleHardin
in reply to: gnfishn

2006 was most likely a 32 bit software. You'll either have to upgrade to a modern version of LT or load it onto a 32 bit Windows OS.

That's my guess.  I'm not sure if there is some Windows 32 bit emulation mode you can use or not.

Message 3 of 4
pendean

Visit Microsoft's website for tips on how to run old software in Win7 64bit. Not much else you can do really other than the tip offered above.
Message 4 of 4
TravisNave

Even if you could install it, you'd be hard pressed to activate it. 

Release 2006 was 32-bit and was only supported on XP.  Everything is retired at this point.  You can't even get XP Mode anymore, I don't believe.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report