Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autocad 2010 says ive already installed

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
nate_harrison
23858 Views, 8 Replies

autocad 2010 says ive already installed

i uninstalled autocad 2010 student version on my computer after a crah cause i wouldnt run propperly and try'd to reinstall now the installer says autocad 2010 is already installed.

any1 have any ideas to fix the issue

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
david.lau
in reply to: nate_harrison

This is a very tricky problem because you must edit the registry. 

Rule #1:  Backup all keys before deleting them.

A.  Open the Registry.  Start > Run > Type: Regedit.

B.  Goto the following registry path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products

C.  Search for "AutoCAD"

Skip items until you get to a AutoCAD 2010 entry.  It will look something like the image attached.  Basically, backup the folder that contains the key "Install Location", then delete it.  i.e. 7D2F387510099040102000060BECB6AB.   The example that I have is for AutoCAD 2011.

D.  Then search for AutoCAD again, backup and then delete the following registry key in:

HKey_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products

E.  Try to re-install AutoCAD 2010.

F.  If it doesn't work, the double click on the .reg file that you deleted and it should add the Registry key back in.

David Lau
Message 3 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: nate_harrison

If the above doesn't work... Installation problems may be resolved using the Microsoft Installer Clean Up Utility. For more information on this program, please my forum post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Microsoft-Installer-Clean-Up-Utility-for-Add-Re...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 9
david.lau
in reply to: TravisNave

Microsoft Installer Clean Up Utility is currently unavailable.

David Lau
Message 5 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: david.lau

David,

If you checked my link you will see that I have the program attached. 

Thanks.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 9
david.lau

We have been having some reports that this utility is causing some permission problems in Windows 7.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Autodesk Support currently does not suggest using this Utiliity to customers anymore.

David Lau
Message 7 of 9
TravisNave

I provide it as an alternative solution to resolve this issue.  I understand that Microsoft has ceased support and availability of this product.  However, it can be used to quickly resolve this issue and has a good track record of solving this issue in the past.  Like any soluton, including your registry editing, there is risk associated with these fixes and the end user is responsibile for any risk taken to resolve their issue.  This is an open user forum of users helping users.  Please keep in mind that there are many unsupported fixes -- and there was no argument to this solution when it was an officially supported knowledge base.  Your solution may just as easily be deemed unsupported in the future.  We're all here to help.  Smiley Wink

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 9
david.lau

Thanks for your understanding.   I am aware you help a lot in the Autodesk community.

David Lau
Message 9 of 9
baobao04

this solution helps me a lot, thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report