Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
jzombek6
337 Views, 2 Replies

auto cad lt 2004

i recently purchased light 2004 at a thrift store. i always wanted to try auto cad but could not afford it. my question is - i assume this version has already been activated by whom whoever had this before. what i do not want to do is get in trouble by trying to activate it again. how do i go about activating this version again.

thank you and will be waiting for a response

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: jzombek6

It may or may not let you activate: whether it does or not, you don't really own that license (the original person does) so your question really has no answer except as a negative. Pop that disk in and find out.

I'm sure the thrift store is very thankful for your donation either way (if their funds go to charity, and not someone's pocket).

There are many free CAD programs out there that emulate AutoCAD older 2004 and older interface: legit free licenses for you to use. Draftsight and DoubleCAD are two of many, use them with no questions or worries.

Message 3 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: pendean

you got ripped off and its also illegal in autodesks eyes

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report