Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adskflex REMOVING <user> from <feature> by administrator request

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Jroper
774 Views, 3 Replies

adskflex REMOVING <user> from <feature> by administrator request

I'm getting strange log reports of users being removed from autodesk features in the license manager log file.  I'm the administrator and I have not been removing them.  I don't know of anyone else who would or could be doing this.  The log report reads

14:01:11 (adskflex) REMOVING <user name and pc> from 85947BDSS_2013_0F by administrator request.
14:01:11 (adskflex) IN: "85947BDSS_2013_0F" <user name and pc>  (USER_REMOVED)
14:01:11 (adskflex) IN: "85797BDSS_F"  <user name and pc>  (USER_REMOVED)

I don't even know of any way to forcibly check-in a user with the flexlm app.  Who or what could be doing this? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Jroper

Are you using an adskflex.opt options file?  Were the licenses borrowed by chance?  Administrative return shouldn't work with the product due to the keep-alive heartbeat of the software.  If a license was returned in this fashion, it should check back out soon after.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
Jroper
in reply to: TravisNave

I am using an OPT.  And the license was checked right back out.  The license in question was borrowed previously.  To add to the variables, this user can be using AutoCAD 2013 which can be a feature in a normal AutoCAD package, a Building Design Suite Standard license,  or a Plant Design Suite Premium/Ultimate license.  Is it possible that the feature is auto-removed by the license server because it cascades that feature up to a suite product?

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Jroper

It is possible that is what is happening.  It could also be an administrative return of a borrowed license that was expired but not manually returned.  I'd have to check the dialogue for that.  But otherwise, I don't think there is any kind of problem with your NLM. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report