Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation of free download

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
carettjc
188 Views, 1 Reply

activation of free download

I recently bought a new computer capable of 64-bit applications. I downloaded Autodesk ACAD 2011 64-bit. I got the serial and Key, but when I try activating it I get an "Activation Limit Reached" message. I do have a laptop supplied by the college I teach at and I do have older 32-bit versions of ACAD on that machine, but not 2011 64-bit. I have to return that macine to the school soon, should I wait until They uninstall it before I download?

The same thing happened when I downloaded sketchbook and 3DMAX to the new machine. I do have my own software for 3DMAX 9 32-bit mounted on another home machine and I bought the iPad version of Sketchbook. Is this confusing matters? I tried reading the license manager pdf but it was not very helpful.

I did download 32-bit version of Sketchbook on my own laptop and tried uninstalling it to try clearing the activation on my new machine, but nothing changed. I was hoping there might be some background license app working.

THanks for your help. I really appreciate the use of these newer programs since it allows me to keep up.

J. CAretti

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hashim.mundol
in reply to: carettjc

There are limitations on number of online activations.

please use one of the manual activation methods 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?linkID=9241177&id=5584421&siteID=123112

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report