Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
tomryckaert
1895 Views, 2 Replies

acadltbtn.xmx error

Hello, 

i recently installed a AutoCadLT2012 on one of our offices workstations (winxp pro sp3). Installation gave no problems, but when I try to launch autocadLT, there pops up an error saying "error autocad 2012 aborting. problem loading acadltbnt.xmx resource file." The workstation does have an AutoCadLT 2010 installed, but I don't know if that could cause this error.

A google search results to many websites advising me to download lots of registry cleaners which I don't trust.

Any help or people ever experienced this problem too?

Thanks

Tom

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: tomryckaert

This is going to be a tough issue to resolve.  Can you upload a screen capture of the error?

David Lau
Message 3 of 3
BARNES.SCD
in reply to: tomryckaert

I have installed Autodesk Design Suite Ultimate and after installation I double-clicked on the icon to open the Mechanical software. I get a few error messages, which the first one is "Problem loading acadtbtn.xmx resource file." I've looked on the web and all I seem to get are sites which want me to download this file and then pay. I just need to know how to fix this. I do have some IT knowledge, so I can follow instructions easily. I'll attach an PDF which will have the error messages I receive. Thanks in advance for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report