Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about v11.12 upgrade, Master and vendor daemon versions. Help!

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
eunice.chagoya
952 Views, 4 Replies

about v11.12 upgrade, Master and vendor daemon versions. Help!

My team is trying to update the latest NLM to support Autodesk 2015 products, but as I do not have permissions over the Flex server, I requested someone else do it.

To verify the change, I performed a "lmutil lmstat -c " over our server, and I notice a difference between the "license server UP (MASTER)" and "adskflex: UP" labels, and not clearly understand if this will have an effect on license acquisitions from our end users. Can someone advice?

user> lmutil lmstat -c 28350@serverX
lmutil - Copyright (c) 1989-2007 Macrovision Europe Ltd. and/or Macrovision Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Flexible License Manager status on Thu 6/12/2014 19:10

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
License server status: 28350@serverX
License file(s) on serverX: D:\LicenseServer\AutodeskNonMultiGNUL\license.lic:

serverX: license server UP (MASTER) v11.10

Vendor daemon status (on serverX):

adskflex: UP v11.12

I did some tests with our current licenses, and seems I am able to get licenses for most of our features, but I was wondering what effect will this cause.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: eunice.chagoya

It shouldn't cause any issue, since the Autodesk software depends on the adskflex.exe vendor daemon at 11.12.  The lmgrd is backwards compatible to 9.2.  Did you upgrade the lmgrd to 11.12?  And if so, are you running more that one license manager?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
eunice.chagoya
in reply to: TravisNave

For whatever reason, it wouldn't start with the new lmgrd.  We are staying with the old one running.  It's very close in version number to the new (11.10 vs 11.12), 

Answering your question. Yes, that's what we tried to do, upgrade the lmgrd to 11.12.   We're only running one license manager for Autodesk.  But we have about 25 on the server total.

Please advise. Thank you

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: eunice.chagoya

You should be fine then. I don't expect that you will have any issues. The
11.12 issue was specifically for the adskflex.exe issue. If you run into
any issues just let me know.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
eunice.chagoya
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you.

Meaning that me and my team are able to get Licenses for Autodesk products 2015 with no problems?

Regards,

Eunice

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report