Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
184 Views, 2 Replies

XP and File Sharing

I am new to using XP and can't seem to get my files to share so that the computers on the network can access them. RIght now we have 52 computers on our network only 2 of them are XP PRO and the others are 2000 PRO. Mine is one of the XP PRO computers, i have a shared directory that i keep updated drivers, and various other files for our computers. I need to make it so that anyone on the network can access this directory. Right now i ave simple sharing turned on and it seems to be ok, but i would prefer to turn off simple sharing. So that i could make it to where some of the directory's could only be read and not written to. The only way i could find to do this was to actualy add each users username and password to the users of my computer which i don't really want to have to do. We seem to have a pretty quick turn around of people and it would be hard to keep the list current. Thanks in advance for any advice. Bobby
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have the Internet Connection Firewall enabled on your network connection? I think this can negatively affect file sharing on a network. "Bobby Bolin" wrote in message news:Xns94B66D9CFE947rbolinbaxengineering@132.188.2.160... > I am new to using XP and can't seem to get my files to share so that the > computers on the network can access them. RIght now we have 52 computers > on our network only 2 of them are XP PRO and the others are 2000 PRO. Mine > is one of the XP PRO computers, i have a shared directory that i keep > updated drivers, and various other files for our computers. I need to make > it so that anyone on the network can access this directory. Right now i > ave simple sharing turned on and it seems to be ok, but i would prefer to > turn off simple sharing. So that i could make it to where some of the > directory's could only be read and not written to. The only way i could > find to do this was to actualy add each users username and password to the > users of my computer which i don't really want to have to do. We seem to > have a pretty quick turn around of people and it would be hard to keep the > list current. > > Thanks in advance for any advice. > > Bobby
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

No it's not enabled.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report