Installation & Licensing

Reply
*Sego, Neil
Message 1 of 9 (124 Views)

Windows Installer Error..

124 Views, 8 Replies
08-02-2001 12:33 AM
I have just setup ADT 3.3 on the FLEXlm. I am trying to install ADT on the
client work station. When I run the Setup.exe file I get an error "This
installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and
that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that
this is a valid Windows Installer package"

If I go into the IMAGE directory and run the client.exe I can install but
that is not a slient install.

Help...

Thanks

Neil Sego
nsego@schmidt-arch.com
*martin, jason
Message 2 of 9 (124 Views)

Re: Windows Installer Error..

08-02-2001 12:44 AM in reply to: *Sego, Neil
Neil -
Make sure that there is a file in the image directory called ADT.msi. Also make sure that
it's size is 5,584,384 bytes (assuming that I have the correct build). This is a "Windows
Installer package". If it's not there you "might" be able to copy it form the root of the
adt cd to the image folder (anyone know if this will actually work??)

jason martin
frankfurt-short-bruza

"Neil Sego" wrote in message
news:33B33D4795699E4E7A7AAF1E9C0FBE28@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I have just setup ADT 3.3 on the FLEXlm. I am trying to install ADT on the
> client work station. When I run the Setup.exe file I get an error "This
> installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and
> that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that
> this is a valid Windows Installer package"
>
> If I go into the IMAGE directory and run the client.exe I can install but
> that is not a slient install.
>
> Help...
>
> Thanks
>
> Neil Sego
> nsego@schmidt-arch.com
>
>
>
>
*Sego, Neil
Message 3 of 9 (124 Views)

Re:

08-02-2001 12:57 AM in reply to: *Sego, Neil
Thanks Jason, but there is an ADT.msi in the IMAGE directory and still no
success.


"jason martin" wrote in message
news:7A95F4B1B3878073A494FA015CBA639B@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Neil -
> Make sure that there is a file in the image directory called ADT.msi.
Also make sure that
> it's size is 5,584,384 bytes (assuming that I have the correct build).
This is a "Windows
> Installer package". If it's not there you "might" be able to copy it form
the root of the
> adt cd to the image folder (anyone know if this will actually work??)
>
> jason martin
> frankfurt-short-bruza
>
> "Neil Sego" wrote in message
> news:33B33D4795699E4E7A7AAF1E9C0FBE28@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > I have just setup ADT 3.3 on the FLEXlm. I am trying to install ADT on
the
> > client work station. When I run the Setup.exe file I get an error "This
> > installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists
and
> > that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that
> > this is a valid Windows Installer package"
> >
> > If I go into the IMAGE directory and run the client.exe I can install
but
> > that is not a slient install.
> >
> > Help...
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Neil Sego
> > nsego@schmidt-arch.com
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
*Diercks, Skip
Message 4 of 9 (124 Views)

Re: Windows Installer Error..

08-02-2001 04:26 AM in reply to: *Sego, Neil
Did you create your client deployment using UNC pathing or drive mapping?

--
Skip Diercks
Computer Support Specialist
Wade-Trim, Inc.
sdiercks@wadetrim.com
Neil Sego wrote in message
news:33B33D4795699E4E7A7AAF1E9C0FBE28@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I have just setup ADT 3.3 on the FLEXlm. I am trying to install ADT on
the
> client work station. When I run the Setup.exe file I get an error "This
> installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists
and
> that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that
> this is a valid Windows Installer package"
>
> If I go into the IMAGE directory and run the client.exe I can install but
> that is not a slient install.
>
> Help...
>
> Thanks
>
> Neil Sego
> nsego@schmidt-arch.com
>
>
>
>
*Prettyman, Charles
Message 5 of 9 (124 Views)

Re:

08-02-2001 04:29 AM in reply to: *Sego, Neil
I had a similar error recently installing some totally different software.
That was done from CD< not over the network, but the problem turned out to
be a registry path issue. Try looking at this MS KB article

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q221/5/24.ASP?LN=EN-US&SD=g
n&FR=0&qry=Q221524&rnk=1&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH&SPR=FP2000

(watch out for word wrap, it's a long URL, and don't mess with the registry
if you aren't willing to take the chance that you'fll have to reinstall your
entire operating system from scratch)


"Neil Sego" wrote in message
news:2F2D4E75C987F6B541542E0AA0FD19A7@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Thanks Jason, but there is an ADT.msi in the IMAGE directory and still no
> success.
>
>
> "jason martin" wrote in message
> news:7A95F4B1B3878073A494FA015CBA639B@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Neil -
> > Make sure that there is a file in the image directory called ADT.msi.
> Also make sure that
> > it's size is 5,584,384 bytes (assuming that I have the correct build).
> This is a "Windows
> > Installer package". If it's not there you "might" be able to copy it
form
> the root of the
> > adt cd to the image folder (anyone know if this will actually work??)
> >
> > jason martin
> > frankfurt-short-bruza
> >
> > "Neil Sego" wrote in message
> > news:33B33D4795699E4E7A7AAF1E9C0FBE28@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > I have just setup ADT 3.3 on the FLEXlm. I am trying to install ADT
on
> the
> > > client work station. When I run the Setup.exe file I get an error
"This
> > > installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package
exists
> and
> > > that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify
that
> > > this is a valid Windows Installer package"
> > >
> > > If I go into the IMAGE directory and run the client.exe I can install
> but
> > > that is not a slient install.
> > >
> > > Help...
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Neil Sego
> > > nsego@schmidt-arch.com
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
*Sego, Neil
Message 6 of 9 (124 Views)

Re:

08-02-2001 04:43 AM in reply to: *Sego, Neil
UNC Paths


"Skip Diercks" wrote in message
news:01564E87DA741D059A0D9536DD438900@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Did you create your client deployment using UNC pathing or drive mapping?
>
> --
> Skip Diercks
> Computer Support Specialist
> Wade-Trim, Inc.
> sdiercks@wadetrim.com
> Neil Sego wrote in message
> news:33B33D4795699E4E7A7AAF1E9C0FBE28@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > I have just setup ADT 3.3 on the FLEXlm. I am trying to install ADT on
> the
> > client work station. When I run the Setup.exe file I get an error "This
> > installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists
> and
> > that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that
> > this is a valid Windows Installer package"
> >
> > If I go into the IMAGE directory and run the client.exe I can install
but
> > that is not a slient install.
> >
> > Help...
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Neil Sego
> > nsego@schmidt-arch.com
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
*Gilmer, Tom
Message 7 of 9 (124 Views)

Re:

08-02-2001 04:48 AM in reply to: *Sego, Neil
Charles,

For future reference, you don't need to copy the big long url. Just copy up
to the ? like this:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q221/5/24.ASP

- Tom
*Prettyman, Charles
Message 8 of 9 (124 Views)

Re:

08-02-2001 04:57 AM in reply to: *Sego, Neil
That's good to know, thanks.

"Tom Gilmer" wrote in message
news:A9009E2899E0DD8A246F120C39B1A0C9@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Charles,
>
> For future reference, you don't need to copy the big long url. Just copy
up
> to the ? like this:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q221/5/24.ASP
>
> - Tom
>
>
>
*Prettyman, Charles
Message 9 of 9 (124 Views)

Re:

08-02-2001 04:59 AM in reply to: *Sego, Neil
Also, that article talks mostly about installations from CD< but there is a
link athe bottom of it that talks about shred CD drives. THere';s a
reasonably good chance that those particular registry keys are not exactly
what is needed in this case, BUT, it sounds similiar enought that I would go
to the MS KB to look for a solution.



"Tom Gilmer" wrote in message
news:A9009E2899E0DD8A246F120C39B1A0C9@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Charles,
>
> For future reference, you don't need to copy the big long url. Just copy
up
> to the ? like this:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q221/5/24.ASP
>
> - Tom
>
>
>

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community


Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube