Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Installer Error

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mapcad
295 Views, 2 Replies

Windows Installer Error

The error:
The installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this package is a valid windows Installer package.
the facts:
WinServer 2003 running MSI 3.1.4000.2435 (3.1 v2)
Single server setup
AutoCAD 2006
Brand new clean server, fully patched.
Everything on the server end is working fine.
When firing up the deployment on a workstation (different one), the DWF viewer installs fine, the the AutoCAD installation begins, and almost immediately it is aborted, and this error is given.

Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: mapcad

Make sure your deployment wizard is the correct version for your product and also disable Silent Mode installation. If you get a more specific error, provide the information.

Please note that the user must be a Local Administrator to install the software.

What does the install log in Workstation TEMP folder say?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
mapcad
in reply to: mapcad

It's the deployment wiz from the 2006 CD and it's a fresh server. SIlent mode is disabled. As far as a specific error that is an exact error box that I receive. I am currently away from the office, but Monday I will add the the temp info. thanks a bunch. The admin info is correct too. 😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report