Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Explorer must be closed during install?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Jroper
2953 Views, 1 Reply

Windows Explorer must be closed during install?

Why does it ask you to close Windows Explorer process when you are installing newer version software?  It prevents the install from being a "fire and forget" process.  It happens after the DirectX, Material Library, C++, etc.  So it stops the show approximately 15 minutes in the middle of the install and requires a baby sitter to choose the "Close it automatically and don't restart or Close and restart" radio button choice.  Even if all the Windows explorer windows are closed, it still seems the process must be ended. 

Is there a way to automatically bypass this or do I just need to remember to end the explorer.exe process before (which i've never done because I always forget about it)?  What threat would the explorer process pose?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
david.lau
in reply to: Jroper

I am hoping this post and documention can address your concern....

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/05/windows-explorer-fails-to-restart-after-uninstall...

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report