Installation & Licensing

Message 1 of 3 (213 Views)

Windows 8 sorpport problem

213 Views, 2 Replies
02-18-2013 02:30 PM

I have been using AutoCAD for design for years and few weeks ago, I updated to Windows 8. Everyone should know the senario after...yehh 1603 problem with framework and nothing can be installed. I know I should not bother with this problem since AutoCAD is not on the sopporting list anyway. If there's no way to fix it, is this going to be sopported in next version? and is the next version going to be released soon?

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 3 (203 Views)

Re: Windows 8 sorpport problem

02-18-2013 02:41 PM in reply to: 499100060

I suspect Windows 8 will be supported for the Autodesk 2014 release.  You can look for it to be available very soon.  :smileyhappy:

This scenario is really no different than when Vista and Windows 7 were released after a particular Autodesk release year.  The software was not designed or tested to run on the new OS.  But the next release after the OS was.  You only have a little while longer to wait. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 3 of 3 (192 Views)

Re: Windows 8 sorpport problem

02-18-2013 04:06 PM in reply to: 499100060

Most users successfully install current versions of AutoCAd in Win8 64bit with no issues.

Many that cannot find this method works for them (same tip for older AutoCAD versions to work in Win7, or XP, "compatibility mode"):

http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/how-to-install-autocad-2013-and-inventor-2013-in-windows-8-tip903...

There are some users that nothing works so far: the causes have not been fleshed out yet and they most likely will have to wait for the next release for a cure (and possibly a backdoor patch for R2013-12-11-10).

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube