Installation & Licensing

jvarketta
Message 1 of 5 (193 Views)

Windows 8 Pro

193 Views, 4 Replies
02-21-2013 03:25 PM

Hi All,

Will the Maya 2013 student version ron on Windows 8 Professional?

Thank you,

Jim

jvarketta
Message 2 of 5 (191 Views)

Re: Windows 8 Pro

02-21-2013 03:32 PM in reply to: jvarketta

Ok, I found a page that says Maya 2013 will run on Windows 8 Pro. My computer meets all the requirements and the firewall is off, and I still can not down load Maya 2013.

The Setup file downloads, but when I run the setup file, I get a communication errer pop up.

What else could blocking it?

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 3 of 5 (188 Views)

02-21-2013 03:49 PM in reply to: jvarketta

Hi Jim,

It sounds like you are possibly using the Install Now download method? If so, as a workaround can you please try utilizing one of the alternative options, specifically Browser Download.

Philip Schmelzer
jvarketta
Message 4 of 5 (175 Views)

02-21-2013 04:55 PM in reply to: philip.s

Uh..OK. I finally got it...click the blue arrow to get the different types of download types.

I finally got a maya binary downloaded to my desktop, that took me 24 hours to figure out. But I lost track of what was what...don't know if I downloaded the trial or educational version

I'll try the install now with the educational version serial number....

jvarketta
Message 5 of 5 (169 Views)

02-21-2013 05:41 PM in reply to: jvarketta

Ok, I got it installed, she started up, and I created and moved a couple basic shapes.

Seems to work.

Thanks for your help.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube