Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 x64 Autocad 2011 & 2012 side by side installation issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
j.squires
750 Views, 3 Replies

Windows 7 x64 Autocad 2011 & 2012 side by side installation issues

I am creating a deployment image that will include the 64 bit versions of the 2011 and 2012 suite of Autodesk products to be used in a lab classroom.  I have installed all of the products which that we wanted to include and have not opened any of them prior to completing the image. Doing so has created issues for us in the past where we wouldn't be able to open the other version after one was opened before everything was installed.

Now, my issue that I'm having is that after I have installed everything, is there an order in which each of these products should be opened so to not encounter any errors with each of the programs.  We opened AutoCAD 2012, and it opened fine.  Then, when we went to open AutoCAD 2011 after this, the splash screen appears briefly, then disappears and the product unloads itself from the task manager.

Any and all assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: j.squires

Usually that's due to a corrupt license file.  Installing and running side-by-side works just fine.  In fact, I have many iterations on my machine right now.  Best practice would be to open the older one first, though it shouldn't matter. 

If they are network licensed, just delete the CascadeInfo.cas file and see if you can reopen your software.  If not, it's probably the ProductInformation.pit file.  If that's hosed, delete it and reinstall. 

For more detailed information about the CascadeInfo.cas file, please refer to the Autodesk Support Knowledge Base article found here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240617&id=13894457&siteID=123112

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
j.squires
in reply to: TravisNave

As for licensing, it's a stand alone site license I believe with allowances for up to 30 iterations of the software.

Thank you for fast response, I will try that and post my results.

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: j.squires

There's usually a log file in the ADLM folder that will tell the error.  But more often than not, it's a problem with the PIT file.  It keeps a database of all the licensing of the products.  It was more problematic in 2010 and 2011 versions.  The latest version hasn't seen as many issues.  You might try launching the old one first so the PIT gets created.  Then launch the 2012 and have it automatically append its information. 

If you can't get it working, post the error log here.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report