Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 2008 AutoCAD 2014 Deployment issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Dazzman
1385 Views, 3 Replies

Windows 2008 AutoCAD 2014 Deployment issues

We have Windows 2008 servers in our offices around the UK that serve a number of purposes one of which is to act as hosts for the Autodesk product deployments, this has worked well in the past but I now find that AutoCAD 2014 will not allow a deployment to be created because the OS is not compliant.

Is there any way to invoke the network deployment option without the setup checking the core system I can understand why it does it but would have thought that an additional option would be available to produce the deployment even though it would not install on its host?

I know that I can use a workstation to create the deployment on the server share but the convenience of connecting directly to the server to create it modify and apply patches has been ideal if I now have to connect to a workstation at each remote site before I can do any of this just seems to be another issue that Autodesk have imposed on us?

Comments please.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JTBWorld
in reply to: Dazzman

Did you run the setup directly on Windows 2008? If so, try instead to run it on your PC, that is a system that is supported like Windows 7 or 8. Then you set the deployment path to the server using UNC format.

Jimmy Bergmark
JTB World - Software development and consulting for CAD and license usage reports
https://jtbworld.com

Message 3 of 4
Dazzman
in reply to: JTBWorld

I have done that the point I was trying to get across is that I’m now going to have to do that at every site around the UK to allow me to create the deployments on the servers and then again every time I need to modify them for adding service packs etc it just seems inconvenient.

If they can add a feature that allows you to combine deployments for 32/64 bit installations why can’t they make is so that you can create a deployment on any system as long as it has the correct 32/64 bit version, so the installation would start the splash screen would state that the current OS is not supported but would provide an option to allow you to continue and create the deployment.

Anyone from Autodesk out there listening?

Message 4 of 4
benyala
in reply to: Dazzman

right click on setup.exe properties then compatablity , check mark run as then choose win xp sp3

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report