Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win2K Pro licensing problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sheffski
186 Views, 3 Replies

Win2K Pro licensing problem

Hi
we have just started upgrading from 95 to W2K Pro. I have an ADLM server (NT4) and created a deployment folder for clients. All worked fine until the desktop upgrade. I put the ADESKSYS.DLL into each W2K ACAD directory but it still doesnt work... (i've rebooted it, changed parallel port settings and even changed settings on the network cards).

Can anyone help am I missing something or should I get a job on a fishing boat and forget about IT???

thanks
Sheffski
Plymouth UK
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: sheffski

What version of autocad are you running???

"sheffski" wrote in message news:f094260.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Hi
> we have just started upgrading from 95 to W2K Pro. I have an ADLM server (NT4) and created a deployment folder for clients. All
worked fine until the desktop upgrade. I put the ADESKSYS.DLL into each W2K ACAD directory but it still doesnt work... (i've
rebooted it, changed parallel port settings and even changed settings on the network cards).
> Can anyone help am I missing something or should I get a job on a fishing boat and forget about IT???
>
> thanks
> Sheffski
> Plymouth UK
>
>
Message 3 of 4
sheffski

Im running ACAD2000...

any help appreciated
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Okay, let's go back to the basics.
First check http://www.fsb-ae.com/acadnetwork/acadnetworkfaq.htm#2g
and make sure that you have adesksys.dll in the correct location.
Then check http://www.fsb-ae.com/acadnetwork/acadnetworkfaq.htm#2j and make sure that all that is working.

Then - Is the adlm in the same subnet as the clients???
You do have tcp/ip installed on the clients, right???

Your w95 stations can still get licenses from the adlm correct??? If you've fixed adesksys.dll then we need to look at other
differences between the w2k machines and the w95 machines.

jason

"sheffski" wrote in message news:f094260.1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Im running ACAD2000...
> any help appreciated
>
>

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report