Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Not Close Down - W7x64 Inventor

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
MarkESmith
365 Views, 5 Replies

Will Not Close Down - W7x64 Inventor

After installation Inventor runs, but can only be stopped using the task manager - the close button does not work.

Sp1 & hot fixes installed. No malware detected. AV disabled & install ran as administrator. UAC dialed down.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

MES

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
david.lau
in reply to: MarkESmith

I would use the Alt + Tab to make sure that there isn't a dialog box in the background that is still running.  

David Lau
Message 3 of 6
mikeh4
in reply to: MarkESmith

Mark

Did you find a solution for Inventor that won't close except w/ End Task?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: mikeh4

Disable the Inventor Optimization dialog box.  Might have to turn off your anti-virus (i.e. Trend Micro) or your security software (i.e. from Dell)

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
mikeh4
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks Travis - You might be on to something.  I don't recall seeing that dialog box at that location.  Do you know how to disable it?

Thanks Again!

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: mikeh4

I believe if you see the box, just click no and close it down.  See if your Inventor behaves better.  It'll probably me more obvious once you actually see it again.  Good luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report