Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is using the AutoDesk Design 2012 licenses?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
YmmcAuto
598 Views, 6 Replies

Who is using the AutoDesk Design 2012 licenses?

At YMMC we use AutoDesk Design Premium 2012. We currently have 4 network license seats.  Is there a way to find out which users are using the licenses at any given time.

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: YmmcAuto

Open LMTOOLS and do a Status Enquiry from the Server Status tab.  It will tell you exactly who is using the licenses.

9Status.JPG

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
JTBWorld

You can also use our freeware JTB FlexReport LT that makes it easy to get a HTML-report over all current users. The program can be distributed to all your users if you like so they themselves can also check this.

Jimmy Bergmark
JTB World - Software development and consulting for CAD and license usage reports
https://jtbworld.com

Message 4 of 7
YmmcAuto

When I run LMTools I get this problem:

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
Error getting status: Cannot find license file.
 The license files (or license server system network addresses) attempted are
listed below.  Use LM_LICENSE_FILE to use a different license file,
 or contact your software provider for a license file.
Filename:      C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Software Toolbox\common\License\*.lic
License path:  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Software Toolbox\common\License\*.lic;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-1,359.  System Error: 2 "No such file or directory"
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".

Message 5 of 7
TravisNave

It appears that your LMTOOLS is looking for another 3rd party license instead of Autodesk.  Try setting an environment variable for this. 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617

I had to do this yesterday for a client as well and use LM_LICENSE_FILE variable as well; created the same as the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE in the link above.  Good luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 7
YmmcAuto

I was trying to use the LMTool program on the License server and could not get it to work.  Then I placed a LMTools shortcut on my PC entered the Enviromental variables that you gave me set the path for the License file and everything started working.

Thanks for the help, Guru

Message 7 of 7
TravisNave

Excellent!  Thanks for the follow-up!

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report