Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White Screen of Death - Activation in 3ds Max 2012

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
rosebud1773
3217 Views, 12 Replies

White Screen of Death - Activation in 3ds Max 2012

I have been searching for a solution to the activation white screen of death for the last 12.5 hours with absolutely no success. Nothing I've tried has worked. None of the solution links through Autodesk work. I have replaced the html files with corrected versions (restored the originals when it didn't work) I have re-registered the Dll files(must be done in admin command prompt). I have created a new user. I have updated Java. I have run an sfc/scannow in admin command prompt to be sure there are no corrupted files. I have poked my nose into the registry and nothing has worked. I run Google Chrome as my default browser due to the instiblity of IE in general among other reasons.

I have not and likely can not roll IE9 back to IE8 as 9 was present when I purchased my laptop. This suggests to me that the IE8 components may not be present. I seriously doubt it would work anyway given all the other steps that have been taken.

I have a product key and serial for the student liscense. I'm unable to activate beyond the 30 day trial due to this white screen issue since the request code is supposed to be on that page. There absolutely has to be another location besides this obviously defective box to find the request code. Please, for the love of humanity and my sanity, tell me where I can find it before the trial runs out. Manual activation through the website would be preferable to this agrivation. Unfortunately, I can't even do it that way without the request code that is on that blank page. Without proper software I will not be able to continue my next series of 3D classes.

I see some of these issues are dating back as far as 2000 with no real solution.

Tags (2)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Hi rosebud1773,

Please try the troubleshooting steps from this link.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 13

I tried everything on that link with the exception of uninstalling IE9. I'm not happy with the idea of needing to uninstall that program as I can't be absolutely sure it will auto-rollback to IE8. IE9 was already on the system when I purchased the laptop roughly a year ago. That would be why I specifically asked for something other than the advice on that link. None of it worked for me. I just need the request code and I can activate online right here, effectively bypassing the non-functional activation box within the application. Again, I'm asking, where to find the code aside from that defective box. I have been all over the net searching for a solution and nothing is working.

Message 4 of 13

Hi rosebud1773,

Sorry for the trouble this has caused you.

I sent you a Private Message (click on the small envelope at the uper right side of the Home Page beside your name) with the Case Number I created. The case was forwarded to our Registration and Activation so they can assist you with this issue and contact you if necessary.

For future reference, to contact our Registration and Activation team directly you can click here.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 5 of 13

Thanks so much for the info. I hate to continue to be a pain, but what do I do with this number? Who, if anyone, do I contact with it?

Message 6 of 13
rosebud1773
in reply to: rosebud1773

None of the suggestions / solutions work for me. I want a tech support phone number. I refuse to sit back and continue playing this waiting game. The trial will run out in 9 days, I will have nothing to complete my current class with and I will fail. The potential to be kicked out of school is very real over a glitch. A glitch, I might add, that was first dectected in 2000 according to the vast majority of tech support postings I've found. This is obviously an error within the program itself.

Message 7 of 13
byron.morales

Hello:

I apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you.

In addition of the JavaScript execution disabled or impaired under the local security settings like explained in the technical solution Here the problem occurs as well with IE9 even if those parameters are correctly set.

There is no workaround for instance to IE9, the only solution is to roll back to IE8 to be able to activate the product.

Please let me know if the issue persist after uninstalling IE9.

This forums are community based and we strieve to have a strong presence on them, for individualized technical support please follow this link to view our support offerings: Support Offerings

Regards,

Byron M.
Installation and Licensing
Message 8 of 13
rosebud1773
in reply to: byron.morales

I have installed and activated the student software on my mother's desktop computer. This was out of desperation. The problem with that is the fact that I can not be sure of safely running the software on that system. The other problem is that it does not have the portability of my laptop or the other applications that are required by class. The only solution to this issue that I see is to transfer the active license from the active system to my laptop or activate the initial copy as well under the same serial / product key. How do I do that? Both systems are primarily running within the same household. The desktop is obviously hardwired in. Please note that I am still experiencing the blank activation screen on the laptop.

Message 9 of 13
rosebud1773

I realize I've been a little harsh and I appologise, but I have class deadlines to meet that exceed the 30 day trial. That's no reason to disregard my current questions. The computer the software has been activated on is not stable.

Do I need to uninstall / re-install the software on the inactive system? If I re-install, will that allow me to activate the software on my laptop as a second computer? I understand 2 computers are the allowable limit for the stand-alone license. If this is not possible, can I transfer the license from the desktop to the laptop?

I'm sure these answers are the site somewhere, but up until a month ago, I had never even heard of 3ds max or autodesk. That and the fact that this seems to be a collection of sites instead of one site makes it a bit difficult to navigate.

I'm not entirely comfortable with the export / import of the license over the net I've been looking into as my net fluxuates and is unpredictable. A little help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 10 of 13
byron.morales

Hello:

You are correct 2 computers are the allowable limit. For a manual activation please contact our Registration and Activation team directly you can click here . This will also help you bypass the export /import step by contactin us we can make sure the program activates properly.

Is the inactive system the one that has the blank activation screen? Uninstall and Re-install will not help to resolve that issue, Only Uninstalling Internet Explorer 9 will help you bypass the blank activation window.

If the inactve system is presenting any other symptom with the software you can try repair as the first option, re-install as the second option and uninstall/reinstall as third option.

Let me know if the above helps to answer you inquiry.

Byron M.
Message 11 of 13
rosebud1773

The inactive system is the one presenting the blank screen. The software itself runs without a problem for the most part. The inactive system also shipped with IE9 and there are no downloads for IE8 for Windows 7 platform. I'm not at all comfortable uninstalling the one browser that Microsoft insists on using for Windows updates. I can't afford to screw up my laptop.

Hypothetically, if I manage to get this thing to display the missing screen, do I use the same activation code provided with the active product on the other system or do I need an individual code for the second activation?

Message 12 of 13
byron.morales

Hello:

You do not need to install IE8. Windows 7's default browser is IE8. So by uninstalling IE9 from the control panel it will revert back to IE8 then you can Activate automatically (2nd activation on same serial) if it want to manually activate then contact our Registration and Activation team directly you can click here.

Once the software is activated you can download/upgrade to IE9. 

Byron M.
Message 13 of 13
rosebud1773

I have successfully rolled back to IE8 and the product is now active on the laptop, no more blank screen. I think I'll leave IE8 as the update browser for the moment. IE9 has way too many problems for my taste and conflicts with everything.

Thank you so much for your patience and help in this issue.   Cat Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report