Installation & Licensing

Customer Service
dagumad
Message 11 of 15 (2,382 Views)

Re: Where to I foind my group Id

06-06-2011 06:25 AM in reply to: sunlandsurvey

Hello Mihir,

To determine the reason for your acivation error, we require sensitve information. Please fill out our customer service form and provide us wtih the serial number you are trying to activate as well as the sales order number on the DVD you received.

Donna Daguman
Front Desk Representative

Autodesk, Inc.

it
it
Message 12 of 15 (1,657 Views)

12-05-2012 06:54 AM in reply to: sunlandsurvey

Seriously! We are paying subscribers to Autodesk. We are the honest, hard working people. If someone wants to hack and steal your software, they will. We are not trying to. All you are doing is complicating a process that should be easy. Yes, the serial number used to be on the installation case, but now a Group ID is needed. I have entered every number that I can find on the subscription center web page with no success. Thanks for helping the honest hard working people of America. Maybe we should go back to manual drafting...

sbozzolii
Message 13 of 15 (1,376 Views)

05-06-2013 07:09 AM in reply to: stevec781

I am having a problem with the serial number.  To download the program I needed the serial number as well as the product key.  I did that.  Now in order to use this product as active... I need to put in the serial number again.  I did this in the box in Product Registration and Activation.  It tells me that this serial number is invalid. Try Again.  So I do.  Now it needs a group ID.  I can not find a group ID.  What do I do?

Community Manager
camilo.lemos
Message 14 of 15 (1,374 Views)

05-06-2013 07:27 AM in reply to: sbozzolii

Hi sbozzoli,

Can you please send me your serial number via Private Message (click on my camilo.lemos profile name and then on Send This User a Private Message) and I'll find out what'e wrong with your serial number?

Thank you

Camilo Lemos
bburnworth
Message 15 of 15 (607 Views)

02-03-2014 06:30 AM in reply to: dagumad
Why confuse users with the different terms if they are the same exact thing? I have been looking for a group ID for the past 30 minutes, only to find out that its the same as my serial number.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube