Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is Inventor 2011 SP2a ?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
alh-telesis
629 Views, 5 Replies

Where is Inventor 2011 SP2a ?

I received an Automated Response from Autodesk CER to an Inventor Crash on 24 May.

It claims there is a Maintenance Update that should resolve my issue.

Problem is, the link in the email does not work for "Autodesk Inventor - 2011 SP2a x64"

A quick search on the Autodesk site only finds SP2.

A subscription center request only got me some moron of Autodesk asking licensing questions about Inventor 2012.

Now the request is marked unassigned.

Anyone know anything about this update?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: alh-telesis

never heard of SP2a

try installing sp2 and see if it fixes your issue

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
alh-telesis
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks for the response, but I have already found a work around for the derived sketch causing a sudden crash issue.

This post was more directed to Autodesk for their poor customer service.

It's a comedy of errors.

1. An automated crash response is sent to the customer, me, with a broken http link.

2. The maintenance update, recommend by the automated crash response may not exist.

3. The subscription request asking about this mysterious service pack is answered by "All of your licenses were upgraded to IV 2012, please give us the license number of the IV 2011 software you are running."

4. The customer, me, replies to the support personal explaining how not everyone upgrades their IV 2011 to IV 2012 as soon as it becomes available and that I need a Service Pack, not a license.

5. The customer, me, receives nothing from Autodesk support for over 7 business days even after two more promptings by me.

It's what I've come to expect from Autodesk.

But it makes me fell better to vent.

Message 4 of 6
alh-telesis

After several emails, it seems the link was malformed.

The link pointed to the Inventor SP2 update and there is no SP2a as of now.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I have seen the same email with reference to Inventor 2011 x64 SP2a. My initial thought was that Autodesk have tweeked it perhaps because of that reported issue of Inventor 2011 SP2 breaking the auto-silent login as referred to in the hotfix DL15651099.

http://crackingthevault.typepad.com/crackingthevault/2011/06/inventor-2011-sp2-breaks-auto-silent-lo...

But when I clicked on the link in the email it went to the same old Inventor 2011 SP2 download. So nothing is new.

Spoiler

Message 6 of 6
alh-telesis
in reply to: Anonymous

You'd think that after all my b1tching, complaining, gnashing of teeth and swirling my fist in the air, Autodesk would fix that Automatic message.

Seems the answer is no, they don't feel the need to correct mistakes.

Sorry, I'm a little bitter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report