Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is Autocad 2011 Structural installer

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Southerner
478 Views, 5 Replies

Where is Autocad 2011 Structural installer

I am having an issue with Autocad 2011 Structural.  It apparently got corrupted and corrupted Autocad too.  I removed Autocad and reinstalled and it works.  I uninstalled Autocad 2011 Structural but now can not find what installer installs it.  Can someone tell me what DVD that installer is on or what it is called so that I can reinstall it?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: Southerner

are you talking about autocad structural detailing?

that is on the revit structure suite dvds

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Southerner

Hello Darren.

I did finally figure that out but I am back to the same initial problem.  Autocad 2011 gets a license and works until I install Autocad Structural Detailing.  Then it modifies the Autocad icon to point to:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2011\acad.exe"  /p "AutoCAD"

From that point on, Autocad 2011 and Autocad Structural Detailing produce and immediate unable to obtain license error:

A vaiid license could not be obtained by the network license manager.  If you are still unable to obtain a license, contact your system administrator.  Error [0.0.0]

Most Autocad applications open but:

Autocad 2911 English:
"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2011\acad.exe"  /p "AutoCAD"

Autocad Mechanical 2011 wants me to activate

Autocad Structural Detailing 2011 refuses to get a license with a "A vaiid license could not be obtained by the network license manager.  If you are still unable to obtain a license, contact your system administrator.  Error [0.0.0]

Autocad Electrical opens and gets a license.

Autocad Revit Architectural 2011 gets a license

Autocad Robot Structural Analysis Pro 2011 gets a license

Autocad Civil 3D 2011 opens

Autocad MEP 2011 opens

Autocad 3DS Max Design 2011  opens

Autocad 3D Map 2011 opens

Being and educational institution we only have one license key and the license manager is obviously working or none of the applications would run.  These are on Windows XP SP3.  The hardware is Intel 965 motherboards with 4gb ram and 500gb hard drives (200gb free) and a Nvidia FX570 video card.

What am I missing?

Thank you.

Message 4 of 6
DarrenP

with autocad structural detailing it installs its own autocad

start>all programs>autodesk>autocad structureal detailing>autocad

try using that one

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Southerner
in reply to: DarrenP

That is the one that does not work as it does not get a license.  That is the same issue I am having with Autocad Structural (does not get a license) but Revit does get a license.  There is some question now about whether the Educational suite includes Autocad Structural and yet it was part of the DVD package and a download.  I would think that if Revit is included then Autocad Structural would also be included.

I have been on the phone with the vendor all morning about it and so now Autodesk is working on it too as an issue they were not aware of.

Message 6 of 6
DarrenP

i don't know anything about educational suites

thats completely different than the commericial license of suites

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report