Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I see what license is installed on what computer (name)?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
acwtzwegers
1721 Views, 5 Replies

Where can I see what license is installed on what computer (name)?

When I install and activate an Autodesk product on a PC, I get an email telling me what serial number was used to install what product on what computer (specifically: it tells me the Computer Name.)

I keep a record of these things as well (which allows me to plan what license numbers are used on which PCs, which is handy when going from one version to another.) - also including networked versions (which do not generate the email).

Now yesterday I tried to install AutoCAD Mechanical on a PC using a license+key that I believed to be unused and I got a message saying that it had been used already.

Now I've double checked this with my own records and with just knowing who/what PCs actually have AutoCAD Mechanical and I just cannot find on what PC this license would be on. (all PC names are accounted for and such).

I also never received the email saying that it was used.

Is there anywhere where I can check on what PC (name) a particular license is installed on? I gather that the emails are generated off a database after all.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
philip.s
in reply to: acwtzwegers

Hello Alexander,

Activation history requests can be made through our License Assistance team, or as you're already here, you can also send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with the serial number and I'll gladly provide the machine ID from the corresponding activation.

Message 3 of 6
acwtzwegers
in reply to: philip.s

I just set this as no longer the solution because.... it has happened again - this time while rolling out 2015.

We have two packs of standalone AutoCAD Mechanical licenses:

- one of 18 seats

- one of 3 seats

Why this isn't just 1 pack/serial with 21 seats is a mystery - but not a problem.

Except, that, just like last year, the 3 seat pack says it has no more free seats after I have only installed 1.

Last year it appeared that someone else had registered that serial+key with PC names that are very much alike - but completely not like ours. (it also came down to 24 registration attempts!)

What I think is that:

- Autodesk has sold the same serial+key to two seperate parties (the other PC names looked professional enough), basically an Adsk administration fail.

- Some illegal crack/serial generator consistentently comes up with our serial+key

- Obviously, we may have messed up administratively ourselves... but that I believe I have cancelled out by now.

I would like to have a real solution this time. Yes, we can manually request activation codes again and all that - but that will just make me get into the same problem next year.

CaseNo:08221609. - Registration & Activation

Message 4 of 6
philip.s
in reply to: acwtzwegers

Hello again Alexander,

Unlike with the 2014 license, there are not an extreme amount of activation attempts with the 2015 one. I just took a look at your most recent case (09653220) and it appears that our support team was able to walk through the automated activation process without issue. As such I just wanted to check in and make sure you were good to go on this one, and if not, see if there is anything that I can assist with.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Message 5 of 6
acwtzwegers
in reply to: philip.s

Thanks, I was now able to activate both remaining seats on that license.

Overall I do not have the time to do multiple registration attempts... if only because the only way to try another license is reinstalling the whole thing. So if it doesn't work - I skip all that for now and bother you and/or my reseller.  Smiley Tongue

(which is about the worst thing about using autodesk products: license management after install. Changing a standalone to networked, back again, another key, serial etc - does not have to take hours every time... right?)

Message 6 of 6

Hi, I would like to get find the number of users at our premise who are using Network licenses installed? Could you please assist us how we can do that? 

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report