Installation & Licensing

Valued Mentor
acwtzwegers
Message 1 of 2 (191 Views)
Accepted Solution

Where can I see what license is installed on what computer (name)?

191 Views, 1 Replies
02-19-2013 02:18 AM

When I install and activate an Autodesk product on a PC, I get an email telling me what serial number was used to install what product on what computer (specifically: it tells me the Computer Name.)

I keep a record of these things as well (which allows me to plan what license numbers are used on which PCs, which is handy when going from one version to another.) - also including networked versions (which do not generate the email).

Now yesterday I tried to install AutoCAD Mechanical on a PC using a license+key that I believed to be unused and I got a message saying that it had been used already.

Now I've double checked this with my own records and with just knowing who/what PCs actually have AutoCAD Mechanical and I just cannot find on what PC this license would be on. (all PC names are accounted for and such).

I also never received the email saying that it was used.

Is there anywhere where I can check on what PC (name) a particular license is installed on? I gather that the emails are generated off a database after all.

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 2 of 2 (173 Views)

Re: Where can I see what license is installed on what computer (name)?

02-19-2013 11:02 AM in reply to: acwtzwegers

Hello Alexander,

Activation history requests can be made through our License Assistance team, or as you're already here, you can also send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with the serial number and I'll gladly provide the machine ID from the corresponding activation.

Philip Schmelzer

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube