Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the Revit 2013 templates?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
ajbarth
1446 Views, 1 Reply

Where are the Revit 2013 templates?

I've gone through the suggested steps to use the installer utility to find the templates and nothing is working (it does appear that some of the family content did  download).  Is there a source to just download them and put them in the correct folder instead of dealing with an installer?  

I'm taking a big leap from Revit 2009 to Revit 2013 and I understand that there have been significant changes since 2010 that I need to catch up on but setting up the software for a single user should not be very complicated.  What am I missing?

Is there an idiot installation list?   Something that may look like:

1.  Install Revit.

2.  Install content, templates, rendering materials, etc.  Installer files can be found (here).

3.  Point your directories to content, found (here).  

4.  Open template.

5.  Create outstanding models.

Please don't direct me to the standard document for installing Autodesk software.  It really tells you nothing beyond installing the base software (Step 1 in my idiot installation list)

-Andy B.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
fayoud
in reply to: ajbarth

For Revit Structure you can find families and templates here in my blog

http://faycaloudjhih.blogspot.com/2012/08/revit-structure-templates-families.html

Good luck

Oudjhih Fayçal

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report