Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the alternate browser download method?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1472 Views, 4 Replies

What is the alternate browser download method?

What is this alternate browser method that is mentioned in another reply?

someone said

Did you try with the alternate browser download method?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/CRC-failed-in-2012-File-is-broken/m-p/2996176/h...

does that just mean using a different browser? or is there a different method?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Some one else said: I had the same problem. I re-did the download, one file at a time using Chrome (by passing the download manager) USING.... SAVE LINK AS instead by right clicking on the file and WAA-LAA!......... no CRC errors all programs work fine. And the reply was: 04-21-2011 08:51 AM in reply to: jboell Agreed. The browser method is often better than the download manager. What is this browser method?
Message 3 of 5
TravisNave

The alternate browser download method is using a different browser than IE and/or using the browser's downloading capability rather than letting the download manager download the file for you. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

How do  you use the browser's downloading capability rather than letting the download manager download the file for you?

Thank you 🙂 

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Ok... I finally figured it out!  🙂   Thank you everyone!  I just installed an alternate download manager onto my computer! I installed Internet Download Manager! ... Here is the link if anyone else is having this problem and wants to try.

http://download.cnet.com/Internet-Download-Manager/3000-2071_4-10071618.html ...This is a 30-day free trial!

After I installed this i had no problem downloading any of the software on autodesk. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report