Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened ? How do I fix....

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ACADuser
596 Views, 3 Replies

What happened ? How do I fix....

I just received a new PC.  IT installed Civil 3D 2010 and 2011 plus Raster Design for each.  The problem is my windows profile does not have the same data paths/files as the administrator account.  For example the administrator account has the following path that includes many files and folders;

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk

Folders under that path are: ARD2010, ARD2011, C3D 2010, C3D2011, ContentPacks, DWG TrueView 2010, DWG TrueView 2011, LandXML Reporting.

Whereas mine has the following;

C:\Documents and Settings\myname\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk

Folders: Autodesk Design Review

Because of this some of the working paths stored in the autcad profiles point to the above administrator local settings path and some point to where the files should be under my local settings path but no path exists.  Is there some way to have these files and folders automatically re-created for my windows profile ?  Can I just copy the contents of the admin folder to my folder and set the correct working path in the autocad profile ?

Any help would be appreciated.

ACADuser
Civil 3D 2018, Raster Design 2018
Windows 7 Enterprise
Dell Precision 5810 Workstation
Intel Xeon E5-1630 v3 @ 3.70GHz
32GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K2200 4 GB GDDR5
DUAL 27" Dell UltraSharp U2713HM
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hashim.mundol
in reply to: ACADuser

Profile shold be created when you run the program as the user, Please check the link below

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1055299

if you find the bevahiour different please check appropriate permissions or post the error when you run the program.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
ACADuser
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Hashim,

Thanks for pointing me to that link.  I was able to delete and recreate the Autocad profiles in both products by deleting the appropriate registry keys.  All of the support paths now point to the correct location.

One other thing to note.  I had been having problems with saving files using Civil 3D 2010 that were created and last saved using C3D 2009.  The error I was getting when trying to save was "one or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved to the specified format".  No matter how many times I audited, purged or recovered the drawing the error would not go away.  After deleting the above mentioned registry keys, the error is gone now when saving the files.

Thanks !

EDIT: Lithium html "pink" error jacked up the line spacing, had to reformat.

ACADuser
Windows 7 Enterprise
Message 4 of 4
ACADuser
in reply to: ACADuser

One other thing to note.  I had been having problems with saving files using Civil 3D 2010 that were created and last saved using C3D 2009.  The error I was getting when trying to save was "one or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved to the specified format".  No matter how many times I audited, purged or recovered the drawing the error would not go away.  After deleting the above mentioned registry keys, the error is gone now when saving the files.

I spoke too soon on this one.  The error "One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved to the specified format" does not show when saving untill after loading raster design.  I copied the file to another location then opened the file, deleted everything, purged everything, audited, then saved.  If I then load raster design and save, then try saving again I get the error.  Audit will allow one save but then the error reapears as long as raster design is loaded.

Now off to solve the this issue....

ACADuser
Windows 7 Enterprise

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report