Installation & Licensing

BYTK
Message 1 of 5 (410 Views)

We cannot reinstall 3DS Max 2011

410 Views, 4 Replies
12-26-2012 05:36 AM

Hi, We have reinstalled one PC today, when we try to activate the licence of 3DS Max we have a message

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1). What can we make?

Customer Service
amanda.k
Message 2 of 5 (401 Views)

Re: We cannot reinstall 3DS Max 2011

12-26-2012 08:42 AM in reply to: BYTK

Hello,

Welcome to the Forums!

The most common issues with receiving an invalid Serial Number error are:

• Inputting the incorrect Serial Number into the incorrect year of product. Each release has a separate Serial Number  - check you are inputting the 2012 Serial Number into the 2012 product.
  • Upgraded licenses. If you were previously on Subscription and then let it lapse, you are no longer entitled to use Previous Versions of software. Make sure you are using the license you were most recently upgraded to.

If you have checked the above points and are still having difficulties, please sent me a Private Message (click on my amanda.k profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and Product Key and I will further research this for you.

Amanda Kinley
BYTK
Message 3 of 5 (385 Views)

12-26-2012 09:52 PM in reply to: amanda.k

Hello. Thank you very much for quick reply.

Yes, I think is the second case that for us.
Recently we have bought updating to version 2013 but we still have the problems with activation.

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 4 of 5 (336 Views)

01-02-2013 09:32 AM in reply to: BYTK

Please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your 2011 serial number so that I can investigate accordingly.

Thanks!

Philip Schmelzer
BYTK
Message 5 of 5 (307 Views)

01-05-2013 04:48 AM in reply to: philip.s

My best wishes for New Year 2013 and thanks for everybody.
The problem is solved with help of Autodesk Support.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube