Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W2K client MD6 won't license with FLEX

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
david.vednor
500 Views, 8 Replies

W2K client MD6 won't license with FLEX

We have a 4-license Mechinical Desktop 6 FLEX manager on NT4 server (TCP/IP only) with NT4, W2K, WXP and W98 clients. All install and work as expected. After installing ACAD2002 on a specific W2K client, I can't license, and get a FLEX error:

The network license manager was not able to get a valid license. If this problem continues, please contact your system administrator. Error [1.5.-4]

Free licenses are available. All other clients work, and this machine sees the license server. Installs prior to and after this client work fine. No entry is in the FLEX log, or client event log. The LICPATH.LIC file is the same as on the working clients.

The client also has ACADlt2000 installed -- could this be my problem?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
david.vednor
in reply to: david.vednor

oops- bad cut & paste.
The error code is: 1.5-12

Also, I forgot to say that each time ACAD starts on this client, we get the "can't find server/file screen.."

I am logging on as an Administrator.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

ACAD LT is not a conflict.

Check Win 2000 client and make sure that you are
not running any of the following: ISA client, Wingate, or any firewall
software.

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
We
have a 4-license Mechinical Desktop 6 FLEX manager on NT4 server (TCP/IP only)
with NT4, W2K, WXP and W98 clients. All install and work as expected. After
installing ACAD2002 on a specific W2K client, I can't license, and get a FLEX
error:

The network license manager was not able to get a valid license. If this
problem continues, please contact your system administrator. Error [1.5.-4]

Free licenses are available. All other clients work, and this machine sees
the license server. Installs prior to and after this client work fine. No
entry is in the FLEX log, or client event log. The LICPATH.LIC file is the
same as on the working clients.

The client also has ACADlt2000 installed -- could this be my
problem?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

I also get this error. Win2k server, clients NT4.0 SP6a. The licenses works on 2 clients. On the 3 rd client (me), I have both Inventor Series (includes MDT6) and reg Autocad 2k2. My machine had trouble releasing the license after exit. I would have to go to task mgr and end process on Invetor.exe. Now I can't get a license at all.

FLEXlm, 1 service with combined lic file. Both serial numbers identical (contract number). I made the deployment image for 2002 first, then the MDT image as a sub directory under the first (IS wanted single share point).
Message 5 of 9
david.vednor

This client connects as a proxy user to ISA, but does not have the ISA client user installed. I have ISA firewall client installed on my XP system, and I can get a FLEX license for MDT6.

All the testing I've done indicates the FLEX server just doesn't see the license request from the W2K client, but the client is well connected to the network & can connect to the server just fine. DHCP and WINS are both working.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Okay, kindof a hack here, but let's see what happens...

On the client that cannot connect to the adlm try a telenet session to port 27000 on the adlm server.

From the windows run menu or the command interpreter type

telnet adlmservername 27000

(type CTRL+] to exit)
If you get a blank screen then all is good so far (goto :NEXT). If you get a failed to connect then there is a problem between the
client and server so

telnet 10.0.0.0 27000
(use the adlm servers actual ip address)

If you get a blank screen, then you had a name resolution problem, try to fix it until the servername works. If that doesn't work
then you have a basic tcp/ip problem at port 27000 and you will not be able to pull a license without access to the adlm servers tcp
port 27000

:NEXT

type

telnet adlmservername 2080

You have to access port 2080 (it's where autodesk's vendor daemon runs). If you get a black screen the I'm clueless as to why it
isn't working (unless you are out of licenses). If it doesn't work, tcp/ip problem again.
--
jason martin
frankfurt-short-bruza

Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

"ca92807" wrote in message news:f0cb509.3@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> This client connects as a proxy user to ISA, but does not have the ISA client user installed. I have ISA firewall client installed
on my XP system, and I can get a FLEX license for MDT6.
> All the testing I've done indicates the FLEX server just doesn't see the license request from the W2K client, but the client is
well connected to the network & can connect to the server just fine. DHCP and WINS are both working.
>
>
Message 7 of 9
david.vednor

I am able to telnet from W2K to adlmserver ports 27000 and 2080 by servername or IP.
I can license all of our MDT6 nodes up to the maxium count, so I know the FLEX server is fine. FLEX log shows all other connections, but nothing from the W2K client. The W2K client acts like a tcp/ip problem, but the network connection is fine. I can ping it by name and it can ping lan members by name. I can't find any log entry that shows a problem. It there any way to turn on more verbose logging?
Message 8 of 9
david.vednor

Well, I feel stupid. This balky client DID have an ISA client installed, set to the "Automatically detect ISA settings" mode that causes lots of other problems. Clicking off this box got everything working. What a total waste of time. Thanks for your help!
Message 9 of 9

May sound stupid, but I´ve had the same problem - if you rename or delete the LICPATH.LIC file, you only have to enter the server name once again, and after that, it works!!! Strange but true!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report