Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vehicle Tracking 2015 installation with Factory Design Suite 2015

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Lancashirehomes
303 Views, 3 Replies

Vehicle Tracking 2015 installation with Factory Design Suite 2015

Hello,

I am having trouble with my installation of Vehicle Tracking with my Factory Design Suite. According to the readme, once installed, the software should be accessable on:

• Autodesk® AutoCAD®
  • Autodesk® AutoCAD®Architecture
  • Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D®
  • Autodesk® AutoCAD®Map 3D
  • Autodesk® AutoCAD®Plant 3D
  • Autodesk® AutoCAD® Utility Design

However, while the software is avalible on my Architecture and works fine, it has not installed onto the bog standard AutoCAD. I have tried CUILOAD to side load the ribbon from C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Vehicle Tracking\Menus\atra200.cuix which installs the ribbon menu, but none of the buttons work on it.

The readme also mentions this.

To enable Autodesk Vehicle Tracking in supported host applications that are installed after Autodesk Vehicle Tracking:

1. Close all versions of AutoCAD and AutoCAD-based applications that are currently running.
  2. Insert the Autodesk Vehicle Tracking media into your computer's media drive.
  3. Locate the following file:
    • For 32-bit operating systems, locate Autodesk Vehicle Tracking 2015_32.exe in the x86\AVT_CMD_REG folder.
    • For 64-bit operating systems, locate Autodesk Vehicle Tracking 2015_64.exe in the x64\AVT_CMD_REG folder.
  4. Double-click the file and follow the on-screen instructions.

However when doing this I get a popup box to install to Architecture, not not to normal AutoCAD.

This is frustrating because it installed without a hitch on Architecture. Could the issue be that I have AutoCAD Mechanical installed that comes with FDS?

Help would be appriciated.

Nathan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: Lancashirehomes

yes probably since autocad mechanical is not a supported host application for Vehicle Tracking

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Lancashirehomes
in reply to: DarrenP

Does that mean the AutoCAD I run is not "stand alone" and runs inside some kind of Mechanical framework? It's a simple acad.exe and not the acadm.exe for Mechanical. 

Message 4 of 4
jas25t
in reply to: Lancashirehomes

Having a similar issue with Product Design Suite 2015, which is a real issue considering there is not any of the compatible versions of AutoCAD available, even though it is shown that it is included online

http://www.autodesk.com.au/suites/product-design-suite/included-software

--------------------------------
Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro K2200

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report