Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
xcrx
832 Views, 7 Replies

Vault Server?

I am getting ready to install Vault Server in my workplace. What I need to know is weather I need to buy a copy of it just for my server or if I can use one of the licences from my Inventor products. I am confused because Inventor comes with Vault server but none of my work stations will need to use the vault server software just the vault client software.

Which actualy brings me to another question. I have other computers on my network that could benifit from being able to use vault to look at the newest files. They don't need to edit them or even use Inventor just Inventor View. Can I install Vault clients on those computes without purchasing licences for them?

I am just not sure how licencing for vault works. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Ryan

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: xcrx

Vault has its own separate licensing now just like your copies of Inventor have their own.  You should just consider it a separate product and obtain as many licenses as you need to work effeciently.  Your VAR can assist you with this.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
xcrx
in reply to: TravisNave

Okay so that answers the seccond part of my question but what about using Vault server off one of my current license? They will not need the server app just the client app so I would think that would be fine. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Ryan

Message 4 of 8
DarrenP

the regular vault server that comes with inventor does not need a license

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
TravisNave

You only need a license to access the Vault.  Therefore, you'd only need an available license on the server if you accessed the vault via the server.  Also, not all versions of Vault require licensing... like previous releases for example.  Whereas Vault Manufacturing does. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 8
DarrenP

thats only true for vault workgroup, collaboration, professtional

regular vault just needs a qualifying autodesk product installed on the client machine

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: DarrenP

Agreed.  I suppose I made the assumption that he had a qualifying Vault product for licensing since he proposed the question as such. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 8
xcrx

Yes i have 4 licenses for Inventor which are up and running currently not using vault. We are taking these 4 computes and converting them to use vault as a data management system instead of our current solution. I belive my question is answered. I am go to install the Vault server on my server but not okay to install vault clients on computers without licenses.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report