It is possible installing the vault server 2014, and the vault basic in the same machine, to work as a virtual server?, i need to do some test before installing in the real server... if so, what would be the components to consider for this installation? web server iis, sql...etc. THANKS IN ADVANCE
I have spent the last few days getting Vault working vis-a-vis problems with passing all 17 of the pre-installation checks.
Anyhow I have both Vault Basic 2014 (Server) and (Client) installed and I am able to log in to Vault OK from within Inventor Pro 2014.
I was confused by the issue of both client and server on the same machine and somewhat surprised at the lack of simple, coherent instructions.
Perhaps it is just me but I found the instructions in wikihelp might be fine if you knew what you were doing and just wanted to polish up on the basic parameters but far from helpful, if like me, you need a comprehensive blow by blow detailed explanation.
If you have problems with your setup I would be only too willingly to try and help.
thank you, after a long time trying installing.. finally when i tought it was going to be succesfully this error stoped me
I've tried all the suggestions given in sereral post with no luck...
Accessing a static file through the http protocol has passed. ASPX file failed to run at URL:http://localhost:80/TestASP/TestASPNet.aspx.
Unfortunately a lot of water has flowed under the bridge since I offered to help so I am having to rack my 'grey cells' to recall just what I did.
I do recall that in the end it was very simple.
I think it all boiled down to permissions but in shear despair I formatted a new disc and loaded a fresh copy of my operating system onto it (Win7 x64.) I then set the permissions of the Program Files, Program Files (x86), ProgramData, my User AppData folder and anywhere else the software was writing to, by editing each folder's 'Properties/Security/Edit' wherein I set up a new user called 'Users; and gave the option Full Control. I then went to the Advanced Tab and under 'Change Permissions' I ticked the bottom sub entry 'Replace all child object permissions etc.'
When it did a pre-load check I followed any error instructions to the letter although I seem to recall I only had one in the end.
I hope this helps.