Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
RGerlach
494 Views, 4 Replies

Vault 2012 Prof

After install and activating the FlexLM license, VP 2012 still can't get a license.

Error: "Failed to acqurie a license." (Not really many information...)

LMTools V 11.9.1

LmGrd V 11.9.1

Status Enquiry: Total of 30 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use

So why can't get the VP a license?

Where to search?

Thx

René

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: RGerlach

try these: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13107015&linkID=9261340

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
TravisNave

With Vault, it's most likely a IPv6 issue.  If you come up empty with the link above, make a change to your hosts file under C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc and add the servername to the IPv4 address.  That has fixed the similar issue for me in house. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 5
RGerlach

Thx the license.lic trick d it.

It would be very helpful, if this link not only in the install progress is available, also in the error box or the vault manuals.

Message 5 of 5
TravisNave

The NLM is a 3rd party product, so additonal troubleshooting support in the manuals is unlikely.  At least you have the discussion forums for help! 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report