Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2011 interoperability with AutoCAD and Inventor 2010

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
steve_emery
635 Views, 3 Replies

Vault 2011 interoperability with AutoCAD and Inventor 2010

We're in the process of upgrading with new hardware arriving shortly; presently we are on Vault and Inventor 2010, I'd like to stagger the upgrade process like we have in previous years and either upgrade Vault 2010 to Vault 2011 and continue using the 2010 CAD products, or upgrade the CAD products to 2011 and continue to use the 2010 Vault; but from what I'm reading this isn't an option.

Is the only way to upgrade Vault AND CAD from 2010 to 2011 all in one go?

Are there any plans to release a Vault 2011 plugin for the 2010 products?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I've searched but not found anything along these lines.

Yours,
Steve.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
steve_emery
in reply to: steve_emery

Right - found it, but now a few new questions:

what is the difference between:

Autodesk Inventor 2010 Subscription Advantage Pack Service Pack 3 Client Update for Autodesk Vault 2011 SP1 Server Releases

and

Autodesk Inventor 2010 Service Pack 3 Client Update for Autodesk Vault 2011 SP1 Server Releases?

And where is the Vault 2011 Client Update for AutoCAD 2010?

We're on subscription, but also it was odd that my VAR said no, you can't use 2010 with Vault 2011; just misinformation?
Thanks,
Steve.
Message 3 of 4
DarrenP

before autodesk released this update vault 2011 only worked with 2011 products
did you install the subscription bonus pack for inventor 2010 or not? Edited by: DarrenP on May 14, 2010 6:56 AM

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
steve_emery

> {quote:title=DarrenP wrote:}{quote}
> before autodesk released this update vault 2011 only worked with 2011 products
> did you install the subscription bonus pack for inventor 2010 or not?
>
> Edited by: DarrenP on May 14, 2010 6:56 AM

Aah - no we didn't install the subs. bonus pack; so we need to install the regular non-subs bonus update. Thanks for the clarification.

BUT if we don't have a Vault 2011 update for AutoCAD 2010 it's all academic anyhow; we need both Inventor and AutoCAD users to be using the vault. Anyone know if there is an update for AutoCAD forthcoming?

cheers,
Steve.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report