Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valid License could not be obtained by the Network License Manager

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
rerick
6118 Views, 20 Replies

Valid License could not be obtained by the Network License Manager

I am having a problem using Network Licensing. I installed the License manager and obtained my License file from Autodesk. I went through the step by step configuration in the Documentation that came with AutoCAD 2006. I used the network deployment wizard and setup a deployment image. I installed AutoCAD 20006 with no problems. However, when I go to start AutoCAD 2006 I get an Error. The error says "A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager......" Error [1.5,-15]...

Does any one know how to fix this? I checked port 2080 on the server and it's closed. I don't know how to open it. Please help. I'm desperate.
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
TravisNave
in reply to: rerick

This is usually caused by the Windows Firewall or the fact that your license manager is not actually started.

Check both, then make sure your server status actually shows that you have licenses available.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 21
rerick

windows firewall is not on and the license manager is started..
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous

rerick said the following on 12/21/2005 1:41 PM:
> I checked port 2080 on the server and it's closed.

How did you figure that out?
Is there another app using that port?
Is there anything stopping you from telling the LM to use a different port?

--
R.K. McSwain
http://rkmcswain.blogspot.com
Message 5 of 21
TravisNave

When you click the PERFORM STATUS ENQUIRY button, does it show that you have AutoCAD 2006 licenses available? Does the debug.log file give you any insight as to what is going on?

Also, check the firewall on the client machine.

netstat-a at the cmd prompt will show you if ports 2080 and 27000 are listening.

Your LMTOOLS should be version 10.1.5.
Verify that the LICPATH.LIC file in the AutoCAD directory on the client is pointing to the correct license manager hostname and MAC address. Make sure you can ping the server by name from the client.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 21
rerick

I have solved the problem and the solution was surprisingly simple. Initially I thought that the problem was with the operating systems security. But I disabled all security services and the problem remained. Having eliminated that as the cause, I was stuck and that's when I posted this topic. The problem was solved by creating a blank debug.log file, saved to the desktop of the server. I pointed the license server software to the Log file, saved the configuration, Stopped the service with the force to shutdown box checked, restarted the license software and re-read the license file. After doing that, the problem was solved. Thanks for all the help. Hope this info helps someone else.
Message 7 of 21
TravisNave

It probably had little to do with the debug.log file as much as it had to do with stopping and restarting the service.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 21
vauadmin

I am having the same problem with the client pc error message

A valid License could not be obtained by the Network License Manager

LMTools looks to be running fine stating the number of vailid licenses etc

Any help please?
Message 9 of 21
TravisNave

Check to see that your Windows firewall service is disabled and stopped.

Also check to see if there are any reasons in the debug.log file on your license server as to why it might be denying a license.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 21
Anonymous

I just had the same problem. The debug log showed the adskflex.exe not found. It was in Quarantine! The AV removed it! I excepted the Autodesk folder from AV scans, pasted the program in the correct folder, restarted the service and my users are back in.
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous

Make and Model of the Anti-Virus software may be helpful to someone else.

John Postlewait
IS Department
George butler Associates, Inc.
Message 12 of 21
TravisNave

Solidworks Anti-Virus and Anti-Autodesk Enterprise Edition 2007.

Ha ha!

Autodesk Forums:
Message 13 of 21
CSESoftware0128

I am running LMTOOLS locally, and I was getting this error too. After trying just about everything under the sun, I found that my issue was due to my loop back adapter using an IPv6 address. Pinging the server name (my machine name) revealed the IPv6 address, so I disabled IPv6 in the registry by following the directions below:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/09/09/disable-and-turn-off-ipv6-support-in-vista/

Hopefully this will help someone. 🙂
Message 14 of 21
TravisNave

Yes, LMTOOLS has an issue with IPv6 prior to the 11.5 hotfix. This should be resolved in the latest 11.7, however I still tend to recommend that IPv6 be disabled. In fact, I recommend removing the localhost :1 from the HOSTS file on the NLM if the license is running Vault. This is especially true on Server 2008 and Windows 7.
Wow this was an old thread brought back from the dead...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 15 of 21
RuyShellsoft

hi to all,

can anyone help me here..

we have a client who encountered this issue.. their server set-up is Server 2008 & Windows 7 32-bit..
workstations are windows XP 32-bit..

here is their situation:

LMTOOLS is running well in the server but they encounter thi issue when they launch the software in the workstation saying "valid license could not be obtained by the Network License Manager" attached file shows the error..

i've done envirnment variables solution, the Image type of installation, the installation in the workstation using both the server name & IP add. of the server.

can anyone help me on this?

regards,
Ruy
Message 16 of 21
RuyShellsoft

sorry for the wrong information...

workstation:

OS windows XP 32-bit

Server:

OS windows 7 64-bit

is this cause of the error?
Message 17 of 21
TravisNave

-96 means that the license server is not responding. My guess is that it has to do with running on Windows 7 64-bit and you are on an unpatched version of the NLM version 11.5. I would start by installing this patch:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10976858&linkID=9242339
If this doesn't work, we'll go into a little more depth.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 18 of 21
TravisNave

-96 means that the license server is not responding. My guess is that it has to do with running on Windows 7 64-bit and you are on an unpatched version of the NLM version 11.5. I would start by installing this patch:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10976858&linkID=9242339
If this doesn't work, we'll go into a little more depth.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 19 of 21
RuyShellsoft

thanks,travis,

i'm working on it now, hope this solve my case..

yup! NLM version is 11.5..

i just want to ask, does the OS affects the NLM, for example, their server is windows 7 64-bit, their work station is windows XP SP2 32-bit..

do they have issues in deploying the license?
Message 20 of 21
RuyShellsoft

hi travis,

i've tried your suggestion, sad to say the problem still exist.

is there way to fixed this problem?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report