Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valid License could not be obtained by the Network License Manager

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
rerick
6024 Views, 20 Replies

Valid License could not be obtained by the Network License Manager

I am having a problem using Network Licensing. I installed the License manager and obtained my License file from Autodesk. I went through the step by step configuration in the Documentation that came with AutoCAD 2006. I used the network deployment wizard and setup a deployment image. I installed AutoCAD 20006 with no problems. However, when I go to start AutoCAD 2006 I get an Error. The error says "A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager......" Error [1.5,-15]...

Does any one know how to fix this? I checked port 2080 on the server and it's closed. I don't know how to open it. Please help. I'm desperate.
20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
TravisNave
in reply to: rerick

I would verify that your NLM is configured as a service and has been started. Verify on the server status tab that you can see the license when performing a status enquiry. If you are running the Windows Firewall or any 3rd party firewall, you may need to add the lmgrd.exe, lmutil.exe, lmtools.exe, and adskflex.exe to the exception list. You may also want to ensure that ports 2080 and 27000~27009 are also open. It could also be a side-effect of IPv6, but I doubt that Windows XP clients would experience this problem.
From the client, you may need to set the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE and FLEXLM_TIMEOUT system environment variables as well. The fact that it is a 32-bit client and a 64-bit server will not affect how your NLM works. Keep me posted on any developments.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report